Qualification: Master in Clinical Sexology and Couples Therapy issued by ISEP.
The Master in Clinical Sexology and Couples Therapy provides a solid scientific and multidisciplinary training on the different aspects of sexual dysfunctions that affect the human being and the couple's relationships from a biopsychosocial perspective.
Sexual problems today can have different etiologies. Biological aspects, such as a specific disease, or cultural and psychological factors may be responsible for sexual conflicts. Cultural diversity, lack of communication, negotiation and few skills to solve problems are the most common causes of conflicts in the couple. With the ISEP master you will have the possibility of reviewing the variables involved in preventive aspects, as well as the diagnosis and intervention in sexual difficulties and the improvement of couple relationships.
The methodology is based on a practical training through dynamics (role playing and discussions of clinical cases), clinical sessions and practices in collaborating centers.
Master's Program in Clinical Sexology and Couples Therapy
- Basic skills of the therapist in the field of sexology and couples therapy.
- Biological aspects of sexuality.
- Sexual dysfunctions
- Paraphilias: evaluation, diagnosis and intervention. Exposure of cases.
- Assisted reproduction programs. Role of the psychologist.
- Couple therapy.
- Orientation and sexual identity.
- Sexual abuse and gender violence: implications in sexology and couples therapy.
- Intervention in traumatic rupture and emotional dependence.
- Practices / Practice report.
- Final work of master.
Competences of the Master in Clinical Sexology and Couples Therapy
- You will understand sexuality from a biopsychosocial perspective, so that you will be able to understand the multiple and intricate factors of its development.
- You will understand the aspects that intervene in the beginning and development of couple relationships (life cycle of the couple: establishment and evolution).
- You will learn and revise the theoretical and practical knowledge necessary to identify, evaluate, diagnose and intervene in sexual problems and partner conflicts.
- You will be trained for psychological evaluation (clinical interview and psychometric tests, analysis and interpretation of data), definition of therapeutic objectives, design of cognitive behavioral intervention strategies and sexological or couple advice.
- You will identify the variables that intervene in the origin and maintenance of the different sexual dysfunctions (organic, psychological, relational and cultural components).
- You will describe the dynamics of couple relationships and factors that generate alterations in them (such as lack of communication, deficit of negotiation skills and problem solving, lack of reinforcements and positive exchanges).
- You will study and deal with specific cases within the scope of a couple, which due to their size and characteristics require an ad hoc exposure: celotipia, gender violence, sexual abuse, emotional dependence, infidelity and handling of duels, ruptures and divorces.
- You will know how to transmit the information to patients and relatives.
- You will know how to work and communicate in multidisciplinary teams.
- You will deepen in the Basic Skills of the Therapist Specialist in Sexuality and Couple. You will train in knowing how to listen, ask, expose, interpret and reflect.
- You will review the deontology on Sexuality and Couple, as well as learn to perform an exercise of introspection on those personal and professional aspects that could collide with your profession and that would produce a diminution of the therapeutic work.
Recipients of the Master in Clinical Sexology and Couples Therapy
The Master in Clinical Sexology and Couples Therapy is aimed at health professionals who hold a degree in Psychology, Psychiatry or Medicine or who are studying the last course of these careers.
Works: Master in Clinical Sexology and Couples Therapy
He works in private consultations, as an expert in a psychology consultation and family planning centers.