Master in Civil Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering, Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
Length: 2 years
Study pace: Full-time
Education level: Master Degree
Institute: School of Civil Engineering, Tianjin University
Location: Tianjin, China
Program Web page:
This masters program aims to cultivate future graduate students and help them grasp the fundamental theory of mathematics and mechanics. Students will get an in-depth and systematic understanding of the knowledge and meet the research frontiers in the three majors:
- Civil engineering
- Hydraulic engineering
- Naval architecture and ocean engineering
Graduates from this program are expected to have capabilities in the following three important aspects:
- The ability to integrate and apply basic, professional knowledge in their fields to solve engineering problems in related fields;
- The ability to skillfully participate in technology developing and managing of large-scale engineering projects;
- The ability to independently and creatively conduct scientific research in their fields.
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- Applicants who want to join in the programs taught in English must submit the certificate of TOEFL (Score 80 or above) or IELTS (Score 6.0 or above) (Not required for native English speakers).
Degree & diploma
- Students will be conferred a Master Degree and awarded a graduation certificate after they have fulfilled the credit point requirement, completed their graduation thesis and satisfied their degree requirements in the stipulated period of time.
- Students who do not qualify to graduate will receive a completion certificate. Dropouts will receive learning certificate.
Tuition & Fees
Registration Fee: RMB420
Tuition (per person per academic year): RMB30,000 Medical Insurance
Fee: 600RMB for each year each person
Tianjin offers international students comprehensive scholarships to cover tuition and living costs during their studies. With a scholarship, registration fees, tuition, laboratory fees, internship placements and accommodation fees on campus are exempt. The duration of the scholarship is the same as the duration of studies, which is confirmed when students are accepted to Tianjin University. School of Civil Engineering also offers a partial-scholarship (ISSCE) to students who apply the master program, which will cover the living costs during their study.
ISSCE International Scholarship in School of Civil Engineering(Master's Program)
The school of Civil Engineering includes two national key disciplines and emphasizes the practical exploration.ISSCE is offered to support the international students who pursue a Master's Program in the School of Civil Engineering. The scholarship provides a living allowance of RMB2400 per month for 2 years.
Conditions and Eligibility Criteria
The scholarship will be available to those applicants who:
- Non-Chinese citizens in good health at the time of application;
- Applicants must have graduated with a bachelor degree, and be under the age of 45;
- For the program with Chinese as the language of instruction, HSK certificate level 4 of no less than 180 scores will be required;
- For the program with English as the language of instruction, the admission requirement must be satisfied(or applicants must pass through an interview by TJU).
- Complete the Application Form for Foreigners of Studying at TJU and Application Form for TJU International Students Scholarship(Civil Engineering).
- Mail the application forms and all other application materials(one original and one copy)to the International Admissions Office, Tianjin University by the 30th June.
- Tianjin University reviews the application with the final list of successful candidates to be released by 15th July.
- Letter of Admission and JW202 will be sent to the applicants.
- Students register at Tianjin University in early September.
For application issues: The International Admissions Office, Phone: 86-22-27406691 Email: email@example.com
For academic inquiries: School of Civil Engineering, Tianjin University Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 13, 2018