Master in Civil Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering, Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
Length: 2 years
Study pace: Full time
Education level: Master Degree
Institute: School of Civil Engineering, Tianjin University
Location: Tianjin, China
This masters program aims to cultivate future graduate students and help them grasp the fundamental theory of mathematics and mechanics. Students will get an in-depth and systematic understanding of the knowledge and meet the research frontiers in the three majors:
- Civil engineering
- Hydraulic engineering
- Naval architecture and ocean engineering
Graduates from this program are expected to have capabilities in the following three important aspects:
- the ability to integrate and apply basic, professional knowledge in their fields to solve engineering problems in related fields
- the ability to skillfully participate in technology developing and managing of large-scale engineering projects
- the ability to independently and creatively conduct scientific research in their fields.
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health
- Applicants who want to join in the programs taught in English must submit the certificate of TOEFL (Score 80 or above) or IELTS (Score 6.0 or above) (Not required for native English speakers)
Degree & diploma
- Students will be conferred a Master’s Degree and awarded a graduation certificate after they have fulfilled the credit point requirement, completed their graduation thesis and satisfied their degree requirements in the stipulated period of time.
- Students who do not qualify to graduate will receive a completion certificate. Dropouts will receive learning certificate.
Tuition & Fees
Registration Fee: RMB420
Tuition (per person per academic year): RMB30,000
Medical Insurance Fee (per person per academic year): 600RMB
Tianjin University offers a series of comprehensive scholarships to international students, which will cover the tuition and living costs during their study. With the University scholarship, registration fees, laboratory fees, internship placements and on-campus accommodation fees are exempted. The scholarship is confirmed before students are accepted by Tianjin University, and more information on the University scholarship program could be found in the web page below.
The School of Civil Engineering also offers a special scholarship (ISSCE) to students who applies for the Master’s program, which will cover the tuition and living costs during their study.
ISSCE International Scholarship in School of Civil Engineering(Master's Program)
The School of Civil Engineering includes two national key disciplines and emphasizes the practical exploration. ISSCE is offered to support the international students who pursuit a Master's Program in the School of Civil Engineering.
The full scholarship provides:
- Tuition fees for two years for a Master’s degree (RMB30,000/year)
- Part of living allowance for two years (RMB2,000/month)
The partial scholarship provides:
- Part of living allowance for two years (RMB1,200/month)
Conditions and Eligibility Criteria
The ISSCE scholarship will be available to those applicants who:
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health at the time of application;
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree, and be under the age of 45;
- For the Master’s program with Chinese as the language of instruction, HSK certificate level 4 (score 180 and above) will be required;
- For the Master’s program with English as the language of instruction, the admission requirement must be satisfied (or applicants must pass through an interview by TJU).
- Complete the Application Form for Foreigners of Studying at TJU and Application Form for TJU International Students Scholarship (Civil Engineering).
- Mail the application forms and all other application materials(one original and one copy)to the International Admissions Office, Tianjin University by the 30th May.
- Tianjin University and the School of Civil Engineering review the application and inform the successful applicants by 30th June.
- Letter of Admission and JW202 are sent out to the successful applicants.
- Students register at Tianjin University in early September.
For application issues: The International Admissions Office, Phone: 86-22-27406691, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For academic inquiries: School of Civil Engineering, Tianjin University, Email: email@example.com
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 16, 2018