Master in Civil Engineering (by Research)
Being one of the most recognized universities in the field of civil engineering in Malaysia, IUKL offers a Master of Civil Engineering (by research) program. The Master in Civil Engineering is designed to provide students with a formal qualification in engineering at the master’s level. The candidate may choose any area of civil engineering offered i.e Construction, Structural, Geotechnical, Hydraulic & Water Resources and Highway & Pavement engineering. Career opportunities exist in a wide range of organizations including manufacturing companies, research organizations, academic institutions, energy agencies, local, state and federal governments and local authorities.
- To prepare students to be competent for research and development in specific areas of civil engineering.
- To develop of students’ intellectual ability through research and successful application of advanced tools and techniques that will support their professional development.
- The program offers the flexibility of research projects: academic, professional, industrial, etc.
- Construction of physical infrastructure facilities
- Rural and low-cost housing
- Small and medium industrial buildings
- Appropriate foundation design
- Ground improvement methods
- Slope Stabilization
Highway and Pavement Engineering
- Development of new materials
- New techniques in design
- Advanced concrete technology
- Design problems for structures
- Modeling of structures
Water Resources Engineering
- Analysis and modeling of hydraulic and hydrological systems
- River and estuary studies and flood control
- Surface and groundwater quality modeling
- Tuition Fees RM29,390.00
- Deposit (Refundable) RM300.00
- Insurance RM70.00/year
- Total Fees (Approximate) RM29,800.00
- Tuition Fees RM30,700.00
- Caution Fee (Refundable) RM1,500.00
- International Student Administrative Fee RM4,200.00
- Medical Insurance RM500.00/year
- Visa Processing RM360.00/year
- Medical Examination RM250.00/year
- Total Fees (Approximate) RM37,500.00
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field with a CGPA of 2.75 and above from IUKL or any institutions of higher learning accredited by the government, OR other equivalent qualifications approved by the Senate of IUKL.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.50 and above may apply to the program pending internal assessment by the faculty.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.00 and above may apply to the program subject to minimum 5 years of working experience in relevant field.
- For local applicants, sufficient mastery of the English language to satisfactorily complete the course.
- International applicants who originate from a country where English is the native language; OR are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 550 OR IELTS 6.0.; OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English.
About the School
The strength of Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur today stems from its rich history. For more than 15 years, IUKL has been providing quality education and excellent professional services in vario ... Read More