Master in Civil Engineering (by Research)
Being one of the most recognized universities in the field of civil engineering in Malaysia, IUKL offers a Master of Civil Engineering (by research) program. The Master in Civil Engineering is designed to provide students with a formal qualification in engineering at the master’s level. The candidate may choose any area of civil engineering offered i.e Construction, Structural, Geotechnical, Hydraulic & Water Resources and Highway & Pavement engineering. Career opportunities exist in a wide range of organizations including manufacturing companies, research organizations, academic institutions, energy agencies, local, state and federal governments and local authorities.
- To prepare students to be competent for research and development in specific areas of civil engineering.
- To develop of students’ intellectual ability through research and successful application of advanced tools and techniques that will support their professional development.
- The program offers the flexibility of research projects: academic, professional, industrial, etc.
- Construction of physical infrastructure facilities
- Rural and low-cost housing
- Small and medium industrial buildings
- Appropriate foundation design
- Ground improvement methods
- Slope Stabilization
Highway and Pavement Engineering
- Development of new materials
- New techniques in design
- Advanced concrete technology
- Design problems for structures
- Modeling of structures
Water Resources Engineering
- Analysis and modeling of hydraulic and hydrological systems
- River and estuary studies and flood control
- Surface and groundwater quality modeling
- Tuition Fees RM29,390.00
- Deposit (Refundable) RM300.00
- Insurance RM70.00/year
- Total Fees (Approximate) RM29,800.00
- Tuition Fees RM30,700.00
- Caution Fee (Refundable) RM1,500.00
- International Student Administrative Fee RM4,200.00
- Medical Insurance RM500.00/year
- Visa Processing RM360.00/year
- Medical Examination RM250.00/year
- Total Fees (Approximate) RM37,500.00
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field with a CGPA of 2.75 and above from IUKL or any institutions of higher learning accredited by the government, OR other equivalent qualifications approved by the Senate of IUKL.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.50 and above may apply to the program pending internal assessment by the faculty.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.00 and above may apply to the program subject to minimum 5 years of working experience in relevant field.
- For local applicants, sufficient mastery of the English language to satisfactorily complete the course.
- International applicants who originate from a country where English is the native language; OR are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 550 OR IELTS 6.0.; OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 29, 2017