The objective of the education in the Department of Civil Engineering is to train inquisitive people, equipped with the theory and practical experience of basic courses and engineering courses, who can design relevant processes in the main disciplines of civil engineering, have the ability to analyze and synthesize data, use up-to-date and scientific knowledge as their foundation, put humanitarian values first, possess vocational consciousness and aim to contribute to our country.
In the Civil Engineering Program of the School of Engineering, the medium of instruction is English. The education in the Department of Civil Engineering is reinforced by experimental applications (building mechanics, building materials, transportation, soil mechanics and hydraulics) and computer programs in department labs.
The Department of Civil Engineering has mutual agreements with Aristotle University (Greece) and L’Aquila University (Italy) within the scope of the LLP/Erasmus program.
Anamul Rezwan / Pexels
- INS 501 Specific Topics in Traffic Engineering
- INS 503 Computer Applications in Civil Engineering
- INS 505 Advanced Methods in Asphalt Technology
- INS 507 Specific Topics in Geotechnical Engineering
- INS 511 Advanced Materials Science
- INS 512 Durability of Reinforced Concrete Buildings
- INS 513 Advanced Research methods in Building Materials
- INS 521 Advanced Fluid Mechanics
- INS 522 Infrastructure Planning
- INS 523 Planning of Water Resources
- INS 524 Advanced Contaminated Land
- INS 525 Advanced Surface Flow Hydrology
- INS 526 Advanced Water and Waste Water Treatment
- INS 527 Assessment of Environmental Effects
- INS 528 Sustainability Management of Infrastructure Systems
- INS 529 Programs in Civil Engineering
- INS 531 Advanced Foundation Engineering
- INS 532 Seismology
- INS 533 Site and Soil Improvement
- INS 540 Scientific Research methods and Publication Ethics
- INS 541 Advanced Mechanics of Composite Materials
- INS 542 Advanced Building Mechanics
- INS 544 Design of Pre-stressed Concrete Bridges
- INS 545 Matrix Methods in Building Mechanics
- INS 546 Behavior and Analysis of Concrete Buildings
- INS 547 Structural Optimization
- INS 551 Design of Earthquake Resistant Steel Buildings
- INS 561 Advanced Road Materials
- INS 562 Advanced Road Design
- INS 563 Advanced Pavement Design
- INS 564 Management and Operation of Public Transportation
- INS 565 Urban Transportation Management in Developing Countries
- INS 566 Transportation Geography
- INS 567 Stream Engineering
- INS 569 Natural Disasters and Buildings
- INS 571 Design of Earthquake Resistant Buildings
- INS 574 Intelligent Transportation Systems
- INS 576 High Buildings
- INS 578 Advanced Steel Design
- INS 580 Advanced Building Analysis
- INS 595 Dissertation
Application and Registration Procedures
Candidates who want to join the Master’s Program can make online pre-application on the dates specified on the calendar. Next, they must take the documents below to the Institute of Sciences and Engineering in person to make the “final registration” on the dates specified on the academic calendar.
- 1. Pre-Application Document and CV including the applicant’s signature.
- 2. Undergraduate Diploma or Graduation Certificate a) If the applicant has graduated from a Turkish university, a copy of the diploma will be accepted by our institution, provided that the original is presented. b) If the applicant has graduated from a university abroad, a notarized Turkish translation of the diploma will be required.
- 3. Transcript a) If the applicant has graduated from a Turkish university, a copy of the diploma will be accepted by our institution, provided that the original is presented. b) If the applicant has graduated from a university abroad, a notarized Turkish translation of the diploma will be required.
- 4. A University Recognition Letter obtained from the Council of Higher Education for students who have graduated from a university abroad
- 5. Four (4) passport photos
- 6. Submission of ID Card a) National ID Card for Turkish students b) Passport for international students
- 7. Military Service Status Document for Turkish male applicants
- 8. Turkish Proficiency for international students.
- 9. ALES or YDS are not required.
- 10. Receipt of Payment (Details regarding this can be found in the “Tuition Fees” section). A copy of the receipt can be accepted by our institution, provided that the original is presented.
Master’s courses will be conducted at the ABU Downtown Campus (7th and 8th floors of Markantalya Shopping Center building) between 6:00 pm and 10:00 pm on weekdays (days are yet to be determined).
The total fee of the program is 18.000 TL (VAT inclusive)