The English-taught Master in Chemistry is a two-year (120 ECTS) advanced study in chemistry organised by the Vrije Universiteit Brussel, a Flemish university located in Brussels, Belgium. This MSc programme combines the expertise in the different research domains of both the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) and Ghent University (UGent).
This master's offers:
- a high-level scientific education that combines a solid theoretical background with real hands-on experimental skills and critical thinking;
- the possibility to work in modern, state-of-the-art laboratories and be part of dynamic interuniversity research groups;
- a multidisciplinary programme, where you can complement your chosen cluster with electives selected from the profiles research and industry;
- flexibility to tailor your study programme to meet specific interests;
- an excellent preparation for a career in education;
- the possibility to follow part of your programme abroad;
- a high-level education in vibrant and multicultural Brussels, the capital of Europe.
Go to the program webpage
The programme includes the following profiles/specialisation:
More details about the programme's curriculum can be found here
This Masters programme presupposes a broad and good basic knowledge of chemistry. Application prerequisite for the programme Master in Chemistry is an academic Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or equivalent.Equivalency and admission to the programme will be based on a review of each student's academic record and will be evaluated case by case.
Additionally, in order to be admitted, you need to be proficient in English.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply, you have to fill in the online application form
Apply now for the MSc. Chemistry
Program taught in: