E2S UPPA Talents Academy Grants:
This scholarship program of excellence is aimed at outstanding students coming primarily from Europe and America.
Further information will be provided during the application procedure.
The selection and appropriate use of material require chemical expertise that draws on knowledge of the material preparation and characterization sectors and training in interpretation and modeling of the structural and functional properties of materials. Designed specifically for students taking courses in which chemistry is the predominant subject, the CPCM curriculum offers training courses in each of these different sectors. The content of the teaching program is the result of a general synthesis concerning sustainable development and the use of innovative materials that provide a potential response to new requirements and challenges related to energy and the environment.
The teaching program, comprising lectures, supervised and practical work, and case studies, are taught by university lecturers and researchers, but also by personnel from the socio-professional sector.
The practical work and case studies are done in the laboratories of the Multidisciplinary Research Institute for the Environment and Materials (IPREM CNRS UMR 5254), using high performance and top-level apparatus. The program also includes modules that prepare students for entering the world of work, use of English in courses and for writing scientific publications, and internships in companies and academic research laboratories.
- Prepare students at an advanced specialized level to meet present and future challenges in specialty areas in chemistry, polymers, inorganic chemistry, and modeling.
- Develop engineering research skills to engage in quality and successful research.
- Prepare students for leading positions in industry and government Research and Development departments:
- Project Manager
- A senior manager in design and development (design engineer), in production (process engineer, production engineer), responsible for quality operations or even production management
- Technical Director (R&D)
- Teacher-researcher (possible at the end of a doctorate)
Projects and practical works are carried out in the laboratories of the Multidisciplinary Research Institute for the Environment and Materials (IPREM) on high performance equipment.
The program also includes preparation modules for professional integration, the practice of scientific English as well as internships in companies or in academic research laboratories.
Additionally, the CPCM course offers course units delivered in collaboration with the Universities of Toulouse, Montpellier and Bordeaux as part of the French Theoretical Chemistry Network (RCTF).
Student Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program, the students in the “Materials Science and Engineering: Chemistry and Physico-Chemistry of Materials master’s degree ” will be able to:
- Prepare materials and samples.
- Use surface and volume analytical techniques to achieve a sound command of materials characterization.
- Validate, interpret, and model experimental results.
- Write a synthesis report and communicate appropriately with experts.
- Produce quality research.
- Carry out a research project.
Prospects for employment or further study
- Energy (photovoltaic, batteries, fuel cells, artificial photosynthesis, etc.)
- Environment (non-polluting materials, pollution control materials, and storage, etc.)
- Aeronautics (composite materials, surface treatments, etc.)
- Building (thermal and sound insulating coatings, etc.)
- Cosmetics & life science
- Research and Development
- Research and Innovation Engineer, PhD students
- Project Manager
- Senior manager in design and development (design engineer)
- Senior manager in production (process engineer, production engineer)
- Senior manager responsible for quality operations or even production management
- Technical Director (R & D)
- Teacher-researcher (possible at the end of a doctorate.)
English language requirements
- Minimum required score: CECRL B2 level in English.
French language requirements
- None. French language courses are included in the program.
- Applicants must hold at least 4 years university level in chemistry,
physical-chemistry and/or material sciences.
- Applicants must be fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- An applicant whose native language is not English has to take a recognized international English test.
For any supplementary information or questions related to the application:
International welcome desk:
About the School
UPPA offers its students initial or continuing education, work/study programs or apprenticeships, to obtain Bachelor’s, Master’s and vocational degrees and Doctorates through its 3 Colleges and 2 Doct ... Read More