E2S UPPA Talents Academy Grants:
This scholarship program of excellence is aimed at outstanding students coming primarily from Europe or the North, Center, and South America.
Further information will be provided during the application procedure.
Strongly increasing societal demand in the fields of Environment, Sustainable Development and Health, implies a synergy of advanced skills in Chemistry and Biology Sciences. In order to be able to effectively respond to this demand and to implement innovative solutions providing efficient answers to these requests, it is essential to perfectly understand the interaction of contaminants with living organisms and particularly their structures, properties, reactivities/activities in natural ecosystems.
The “Chemical and Microbiological Characterization for Environmental Issues” (CMCEI) second-year course of the Master in Chemistry and Life Sciences aims to train specialists with knowledge of the most recent advances in analytical chemistry, physico-chemistry, molecular biology, and environmental microbiology.
Entirely taught in English, the first semester is devoted to the knowledge of contaminants cycles and to the application of different techniques for the analysis of chemical elements and species of interest in various compartments of an environment, the identification of microorganisms presenting a risk for the environment or public health, but also quality assurance, critical evaluation of scientific publications and/or technical documentation.
The second semester consists of a 6 months research internship in the field of chemical and/or biological analysis applied to the environment in the Institute of Analytical Sciences and Physico-Chemistry for Environment and Materials (IPREM) Joint Research Unit teams. The course gives a large place to learning by scenario projects, which enables the student to understand the scientific approach of research as well as to put into practice various techniques and to deepen the reflection on his professional project.
Prospects for employment or further study
- Analytical chemistry
- Chemical industries
- Research and Development
- Quality control
- Academic positions
- Researchers (public institutes or private companies)
- Research and Innovation Engineers
- Ph.D. students
English language requirements
- Minimum required score: CECRL B2 level in English.
French language requirements
- None but French language courses are included in the formation.
- Applicants must hold at least 4 years of university-level in chemistry and/or biology fields.
- For students outside UPPA, integration in the second year is subjected to a selection on curricula with equivalent training level and with sufficient skills in biology, chemistry, and environment (Molecular biology, bioinformatics, microbiology, environmental microbiology, ecotoxicology, biostatistics, field sampling, and data processing, physico-chemistry, analytical chemistry, environment).
- Applicants must be fluent in English, both in writing and speaking. An applicant whose native language is not English has to take a recognized international English test.
For any supplementary information or questions related to the application:
International welcome desk:
About the School
UPPA offers its students initial or continuing education, work/study programs or apprenticeships, to obtain Bachelor’s, Master’s and vocational degrees and Doctorates through its 5 UFRs (Teaching and ... Read More