The Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering of NCU is one of the leading institutions in engineering education and is reputed for its world-class accomplishments in research. The department offers a curriculum with a broad spectrum of courses, uniquely merging the core chemical engineering training with the fundamental knowledge of materials science/engineering and further strengthened with the in-depth studies on emerging research and industrial fields.
The research and teaching interests of our faculty members include: Biochemical & biomedical engineering, catalysis & reactor design, thermodynamics (chemical, solid-state, fluid-phase equilibrium), colloid & interface science, electrochemistry, packaging of electronic materials, novel material synthesis, polymer science & engineering, and soft matter physics & materials. Through close collaborations among our faculty members and conduction of cutting-edge researches in the department, we bridge the interfaces among different disciplines and are in a better position to widen the horizon of our students and educate the interdisciplinary-minded engineers of the future.
- Advanced Transport Phenomena
- Materials Physics
- Materials Characterization
- Advanced Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Advanced Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Soft Materials
- Electronic Materials Science
- Diffusion in Solid Materials
- Biomedical Engineering
- Bio-inspired Materials
- Characterization of Materials Residual Stress
- Fundamental Physics and Applications of X-ray/Neutron Scattering and Reflection
Requirements for Graduation
Required credits : 24 credits (including Seminars for 2 semesters & Thesis Research for 2 semesters)
Duration of Study : 1~4 years
Other requirements :
- Pass the oral exam of the thesis defense.
- Pass 3 of the 6 fundamental courses.
Research Facilities & Lab
- FTIR, Fourier Transform Infrared spectroscopy
- AFM, Atomic Force Microscope
- SEM, Scattering Electron Microscope
- Raman Spectrum
- Flip-chip bonder
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- TOEFL or Other Evidence of English Proficiency
- Evidence of Chinese Proficiency
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017