Chemical and Biological Engineering - Chemie- und Bioingenieurwesen (CBI) - is about the conversion of substances through chemical, physical and biological processes. As a link between chemistry, biotechnology and plant engineering, one of the main tasks of Chemical and Biological Engineering is the development of processes for material conversion on a laboratory scale and the implementation of them on a production scale.
If you are interested in a combination of chemistry, biology, physics, mathematics and engineering, Chemical and Biological Engineering is the right program for you!
You can start the bachelor program of Chemical and Biological Engineering in the Winter semester. The master program starts either in the Winter or in the Summer.
What is CBI?
Our degree program Chemie- und Bioingenieurwesen/Chemical and Biological Engineering (CBI) has a wide range of courses and spans from the classic chemical and biological engineering to multidisciplinary combinations with other programs.
Possible working areas are
- Process Design on a laboratory, pilot plant, and industrial scale.
- Research and development of new methods/processes.
- Plant- and apparatus construction and planning.
- Efficient raw material charge and use of energy.
- Mediation between natural sciences and mechanical engineering.
You can choose Specialization modules from the following:
- Bioreaction and Bioprocess Engineering (Specialization: Animal Cell Technology)
- Bioreaction and Bioprocess Engineering (Specialization: Marine Biotechnology)
- Bioreaction and Bioprocess Engineering (Specialization: Microbial Process Engineering)
- Specialization in Product Engineering
- Specialization in Process Machinery and Plant Technology
- Specialization in Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Specialization in Fluid Mechanics
- Specialization in Technical Thermodynamics
- Specialization in Separation Science and Technology.
You can choose Supplementary modules from the following:
- Environmental Process Engineering
- Process Machine Design
- Application of Numerical Techniques in Separation Technology
- Seminar: Energy Management
- Plant Development
- Production Processes
- Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering
- Practical Management in Engineering
It is not possible to choose Supplementary modules from the Master Program LSE!
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 18, 2018