Chemical Engineering and Technology (081700)
Chemical Engineering and Technology is a first-class subject in the category of engineering, which focuses on studying the common discipline of chemical, physical and biochemical process in the chemical industry as well as the other industrial process. Taking Chemical Engineering subject as a guide, combining theories with practical use, this major has already become the vital engineering field of national economic construction and social development. Meanwhile, by mutually taking advantages of intersectional areas like information, biology, material, computing, resources, energy, marine and aviation, Chemical Engineering and Technology successfully facilitates the development of cutting-edge technology.
Started in the year of 1953 in our institute, Chemical and Technology, a key subject in Beijing, has a history of more than 60 years. The former second-class subject of Chemical Technology has developed into the State Key Subjects, and Industrial Catalysis is State Key Subject to Cultivate. There are 1 State Key Laboratory, two engineering centers of Ministry of Education, two ministerial key laboratories and one cross-functional institute of applied chemistry and chemical engineering. Our institute also provides with abundant and excellent faculties of currently 41 professors (including five awardees of National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars of China, 1 Yangtze River Scholar and 1 Chief Scientists of “973” Program) and 32 associate professors. Relying on active thinking, Chemical Engineering and Technology is always geared to the demand of national energy (especially petroleum and petrochemical industry) and strive to make a crucial contribution to the scientific and technological progress in petrochemical enterprises. Up to now, we have won 1 State Natural Science Award, 3 second prizes of National Award for Scientific Progress, more than 50 Ministerial Award for Scientific Progress. There have been more than 430 students who successfully finished their doctorates as well as more than 2000 postgraduates who finally received their Master’s degrees.
Our graduates should be well-rounded with upright outlook, work ethic, and qualified health condition. Also, they should be dedicated to socialist modernization drive.
Postgraduates should proficiently master the academic knowledge and be able to skillfully put theories into practical use. Research and management abilities are required as well.
Courses are designed to meet the needs of further education and improvement. Students will learn the current condition and future development of chemical engineering, which allow them to do scientific research and related work.
Qualified English skill is required to read relevant literature and dissertations. Listening and oral skills are the basic needs for international academic exchange.
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Chemistry
- Oil and Gas Processing Technology and Engineering
- New Materials and Catalyst Engineering
- Biological and Environmental Chemicals
- Oil Field Chemistry and Engineering
- New Energy Industry
- Process Intensification and Equipment
Credits: Total credits ≥32, Compulsory credits≥21.
- Chinese Language
- Introduction to China
- Chemical Engineering Mathematics
- Numerical Analysis
- Engineering Mathematics
- Operational Research
- Momentum, Heat and Mass Transfer
- Catalytic Reaction Engineering
- Catalytic Chemistry
- The Design and Preparation of Catalysts
- Separation Process & Technologies
- Advanced Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Chemical Reaction Engineering(II)
- Advanced Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Environmental Bioengineering
- Advanced Instrumental Analysis
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Colloid and Interface Chemistry
- Synthesis and Process of Fine Chemicals
- Petroleum Chemistry
- Experiments of Chemical Engineering
- Literature Review and Dissertation Report
- Seminar on Frontier of Chemical Engineering and Technology Discipline
- Supercritical Fluid Technology Principles and Practice
- Process Simulations for Catalytic Reactors
- Introduction to Molecular Sieve Chemistry
- Solid Surface Chemistry
- Characterization Technology for Catalysts
- Introduction to Solid State Chemistry
- English Writing Skills for Chemical Scientific Papers
- Chemical Fluid Mechanics
- Analysis and Regression for Chemical Engineering
- Fluid-Solid Separation Engineering
- Fluid Phase Equilibria
- Preparation and Characterization of Micro and Nano Materials
- Bioseparation Engineering
- Fundamentals of Petroleum Refining
- Physical Properties of Petroleum
- C1 Chemistry and Technology
- Statistical Thermodynamics
- Modern Petroleum Processing Technology
- Heavy Oil Chemistry and Processing
- Surfactant Chemistry
- Development of Oil Production Technology
- Catalysis Science and Technology
- Fundamentals and Kinetics of Electrochemistry
- Molecular Modeling Principles and Applications
- Polymer Materials
- Polymer Chemistry
- Organometal Chemistry
- Fine Polymer
- Nanocomposite Materials
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Units Operation
Note: Students are able to choose elective courses in other programs according to supervisor advice.
Please follow the relevant regulation of the China University of Petroleum-Beijing.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 26, 2018