Master in Business Strategy and International Management
- Full-time course
- 5 months of classes
- 3 month of Experience labs
- 4 months Internship
Objectives and Targets
The Master in “Business strategy and International Management” offers a technical and managerial preparation suited to handle the on-going changes that are taking place focusing on the drivers of innovation, internationalization and ethical and sustainable leadership.
The course provides the necessary preparation to deal with complex and critical situations in a global vision to create professionals able to cover roles of responsibility in companies and in the economic system and manage international networks for the development of the business.
The Master is addressed to graduates in economics, engineering, law and humanistic disciplines with a good knowledge of English and who are ready to challenge themselves.
The experimental methodologies based on pragmatic, interdisciplinary and intercultural approaches, the involvement of managers and professional, the one-to-one placement, induction and training activities are aimed at exploiting knowledge and inclinations of each participant to favor the entrance in organizational and business contexts tailored to their personal characteristics.
Towards an entrepreneurial and managerial approach
The current context is characterized by a strong asymmetry between the speed of the on-going changes and the timing required to adjust knowledge and skills. The increasing impact of digitalization on all aspects of the business (organization, innovation, production and relations), the emerging trends of social businesses based on new digital platforms, the great amount of data available from automated and semi-automated systems, the globalization, and the development of innovation influence competitiveness of companies forcing them to restructure their business models.
In this scenario, people are strategic assets only if able to develop and prove their analytical competencies, reactiveness, proactiveness, flexible adaption together with their creativity, audacity, entrepreneurship, and passion. These aspects are strongly incentivized by using real business cases and through teamwork and involvement of manager and professionals.
The working method
The working method of ISTAO is focused on strong practical methods developed by switching classroom lectures with training on the field: business labs, the involvement of manager and entrepreneurs and on-job experiences.
The different backgrounds of the participants incentivize the usage of multidisciplinary methodologies, while teamwork experienced during the Master simulates the every-day business realities. The scientific rigor of professors with a solid experience in business or in consulting companies together with the strategic mindset of entrepreneur and experts of the economic context offers an overview of the “world” to develop critical thinking skills in a global perspective.
During the Experience Labs, the participants will have the chance to join a variety of practical experiences to develop an effective entrepreneurial mindset. The students will explore their interest and passions in order to become managers with an inclination for innovation.
In this Area, students will produce tangible results through research and discussions that will generate new knowledge and new competencies to call into question.
The Labs offered by the Master are described as follows.
2 Company labs:
The Company Labs will last 4 weeks each and will follow a problem-based company approach. Therefore, the students will solve real company issues by exploring innovative solutions that will refine their hard skills as well as the soft ones.
In particular, the participants will learn how to work for projects and objectives, set and carry-out a working plan, plan and manage project briefs, reach objectives on time, develop problem-solving skills, forecast problems, and manage change and complexity.
The project developed in teams will be presented to the companies involved.
2 parallel labs, to be freely chosen by participants:
- Export Lab – International tools for export
- The Export Lab focuses on those tools that favor internationalization processes for companies willing to exploit new market opportunities.
- The lab aims to provide a comprehensive perspective for managing markets and network at the international level with the intention to generate new business opportunities. Therefore, issues related to custom, fiscal and patents will be analyzed to provide participants with technical and pragmatic solutions.
- The main topics that will be taken into account are International contracts, International Accountability and Taxation, Intellectual property management, Customs regulation and IN.CO.TERMS, International payments, EU project cycle management.
- Digital Lab – Digital strategy and big data
- This Lab will deepen the decision-making processes through the analysis and management of data made available by companies. In particular, tools and ICT infrastructure for the data sourcing and data warehouse will be investigated by using methods as fuzzy logic and advanced industrial applications.
The Master ends with a 4 months-internship in a company. The objective is to adequately prepare the participant for the next experience into the labor market. The internship will be conducted under the supervision of ISTAO and of the tutors of the hosting company. At the end of the internship, the intern will prepare a report explaining the activities carried out and the results and objectives met. The report will be relevant for the final evaluation.
Special program (facoltativo) con IEB – Madrid (Spain)
During June-July the participants will have the chance to attend the “innovation and financial technology” program. The program will last a whole week and will be held in Madrid at IEB – Instituto de Estudios Bursatiles. The intensive program, which will be held in English, will show the new competitive scenarios, the impact that the digitalization of payment and investment tools have at international level. Moreover, the program will focus on the new ways of cooperation between banks, companies, and startup.
I. Financial Industry Outlook and Digital Banking Challenges
II. New Competitive Environment
III. Bitcoins and Cryptocurrencies
V. Payment Methods
VII. Startups and Fintech Venturing
VIII. Crowdlending & Crowdfunding
IX. Social Media and Social Business
IEB is part of AACSB, EFMD, CLADEA, and AEEDE, moreover is the only Spanish Institution accredited at CFA Institute, GARP e CAIA.
To participate in the selection, the candidate is required to fulfill the following format and to send the requested documents to us:
- 1 ID photo
- a brief letter explaining the educational background, the working experiences and the future goals in terms of job positions;
- Certificates of the studies accomplished also indicating the evaluation received for each exam and the final evaluation;
- A resume of the thesis and other publications (no more than 1 page);
- curriculum vitae;
- further documentation of the research activities carried out by the candidate and any other useful information worth to be given. (presentation letters).
The selection days will be held on 13th – 14th October 2017. The candidates will be involved in the following assessment activities:
- Written tests: general knowledge multiple tests, English language, written production in English and/or Italian.
- Team Work.
- Interview with two different commissions. The aim is to verify the attitudes and motivations of candidates.
The list of the assessment will be weighed as follows: Written test 20%; Team Work 20%; Interviews 60%.
To be admitted to the Master the candidate has to obtain at least 50% out of 100%.
Fees and Scholarships
The participation fee of 7.500,00 Euro can be paid in installments as follows:
I part 700 € once the candidate is declared eligible for the Master and enrolled in the course
II part 1.700 € by 11th December 2017
II part 1.700 € by 15th January 2018
III part 1.700 € by 12th February 2018
V part 1.700 € by 19th March 2018
Bank Account ISTAO: INTESA SAN PAOLO – IBAN IT89T0306902609100000001145
The examination Commission will assign either total (100%) or partial (50%) scholarships to the most remarkable candidates.
The beneficiaries of the scholarships will have to attend the entire course and will have to produce a comprehensive report of the whole experience.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 22, 2018