What will I learn by studying this Master?
To do research in the area of business organization and to learn practical tools to perform better decision making at firms. The master allows the development of skills and training for the performance of research to prepare doctoral dissertations in the field of Business Organizations.
Is this Master Official in accordance with the regulations of the European Higher Education Area?
Students that own a university degree in Spain or in an Education Institution located in the European Space of Upper Education or other places overseas that enable in the issuing country the grade to access to Master Degrees.
The main objective of the program consists of the advanced training of students in the research techniques for the Business Organization field. It will allow students to be trained in the contents that will permit them to develop academic research of excellence and prepare them for the development of a Doctoral dissertation.
The program includes the most important areas of knowledge in the Business Organization. In search of excellence in research quality, it includes the participation of outstanding Ph.D. lecturers that count on with scientific research recognized by the Spanish Ministry of Education. The mobility amongst visiting professors from other countries and universities is promoted.
The program assures the acquisition of the following basic competences:
- Basic skills in the management of information for research purposes.
- Capability to explain with scientific arguments the own points of view and analyze and value alternatives for research papers.
- Ability to verify and integrate updated knowledge in the area of Business Organizations.
- Capability to apply knowledge to the business environment from a creative perspective.
- CG01 – Basic skills for the managing of information-oriented to research.
- CG02 – Capability to explain the points of view and to analyze and value the alternatives in research papers.
- CG03 – Ability to verify and integrate updated knowledge in the area of Business Organizations.
- CG04 – Capability to apply knowledge to business in a creative way.
- CT04 – To acquire learning skills that allow studying in a self-managed and autonomous way.
- CT01 – To apply the acquired knowledge and resolution capability to new environments or wider ones.
- CT02 – To integrate knowledge and face the complexity to formulate value judges from information that it is not completed or is limited and includes reflections of social and ethical issues associated with the application of knowledge and judgments.
- CT03 – To communicate conclusions to specialized or non-specialized areas in a clear way lacking ambiguities.
- CT05 – To develop a critical thinking perspective and the capability to perform analysis and syntheses from available information.
- CE01 – To be able to identify the needs and demands from contexts where the application of methodological tools are required and learn to promote adequate solutions to research questions derived from Business Organization Areas.
- CE02 – To develop the reasoning and critical thinking to perform analysis of the business reality through the identification, description, and diagnosis of firm’s problems close to the places where the student is located by making use of the strategic and organizational tools that from the Business Organization Area are provided and firms often use for its diagnosis.
- CE03 – To apply methodological tools to solve problems and research questions in the organization and strategic fields.
- CE04 – To know how to use tools from strategy and organization to identify and solve problems such as Porter’s five forces, PESTLE analysis, to better know economic, social, technological, legal and environmental factors, Porter’s diamond, SWOT analysis, and Balanced Scorecard.
- CE05 – To learn to propose appropriate solutions based on the studied firm’s models.
- CE07 – To obtain information in an effective way. To be able to search, manage, organize and analyze the bibliographic relevant information in the area of business organization and in each proposed area of research.
- CE10 – To evaluate the research projected by other researchers and professionals through the development of reading and critical synthesis of research articles in each of the areas of the Business organization.
- CE12 – To know the main theoretical models that go beyond the different specific research environments. Students acquire specific knowledge in the most relevant theories that explain the firm’s behavior, such as the Resource-based view, the Cost Transactions view, the Dynamic Capabilities view, the Agency Theory, the firm’s Dependence Resource Theory, and the Eclectic Theory.
Access and Enrolment
The requirements for access to the proposed title are according to article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/2007, modified by Royal Decree 861/2010, of July 2:
- In order to access the official Master's teachings, it will be necessary to be in possession of an official Spanish university degree or another issued by an institution of higher education belonging to another State that is part of the European Higher Education Area that authorizes it to access the teaching of Master
- Likewise, graduates may access according to educational systems outside the European Higher Education Area without the need for the approval of their degrees, after verification by the University that they accredit a level of training equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degrees and that In the issuing country, they are entitled to access postgraduate education. The access by this route will not imply, in any case, the homologation of the previous title of which the interested party is in possession, nor its recognition for other purposes than that of taking the Master's teachings.
Conditions or special admission test
- A B2 level of English required
In case that is needed a special test will be taking place for the evaluation of the students’ curriculum by considering their professional experience and projection according to the Master’s objectives and their academic background.
The scoring notations for the evaluation of the curriculum will grade from 0 to 10:
- the professional experience weighs 10%,
- the academic record weights 20% and
- the student’s projection according to the Master’s objectives weighs 20%.
This last aspect is evaluated by means of written proof of an hour to those applicants pre-inscribed. In the exam concrete questions dealing with a research paper are offered to students asking them about the opportunities, threats, strengths, and weaknesses that the paper presents.
The written proof weighs 20% of the final mark, the English proof weighs another 20% of the final mark, and the personal interview weighs 10% of the final mark.
Seats offered: 55 places. If in a course the minimum number of expected students is not reached, the University may choose not to open the teaching group.
- Strategy and Organization
- Corporate Economics
- Cooperation agreements in Research and Development
- Strategies for business development
- Other lines of research in business organization
- The impact of information technologies and systems on business results
- Final Master’s Thesis
This master does not intend to conduct an internship placement.
About the School
Fundada en 1996, nuestra Universidad está a tu servicio, proporcionándote una formación de calidad, a través de una amplia y excelente oferta académica, y contribuyendo a la vanguardia del conocimient ... Read More