Organized over a period of two years, this 120-credits Master's degree program, mainly non-specialized, enables students to improve their competence in various subjects related to commercial sciences.
Under an agreement between ICHEC, ULB and UCL, students have to follow 15 ECTS credits on the ULB campus and one option module worth 15 ECTS credits on one of the UCL campuses (Louvain-la-Neuve or Mons) in addition to the core program. Both the UCL and the ULB also participate in the supervision of MA Dissertations.
An internship period is organized. A thesis is also required.
A student graduating from this program will qualify as « Master in Business Management ».
Language teaching is one of the main assets of ICHEC. Indeed, being located at the heart of Belgium and Europe, the future manager is expected to master several foreign languages. The languages taught at ICHEC are: English, Dutch, German, Spanish, Chinese and Japanese.
Modern teaching methods are used in small interactive classes (more or less 20 students). Language teachers also provide students with complementary services. Students are given access to:
- Remedial classes (to help students)
- E-learning self-study methods using Internet websites, on-line listening-comprehension exercises, and grammar exercises.
- A language laboratory to train pronunciation and grammar skills
- Continuous assessment (all-year-long through various tests)
- Dutch classes for beginners. Students concerned: students who have never attended Dutch classes.
- Summer prep classes (in Dutch and English)
- Conversation tables
- Email exchanges with a partner school in the Netherlands.
- International language examinations (Certificaat Nederlands als Vreemde Taal).
- Cultural trips abroad (Berlin, etc.)
- Research and development of teaching methods
- The school is located in Brussels, a multicultural capital-city open to the world
- It has privileged relationships with several organizations both at local and international level, which have led to effective collaboration programs, namely with the University of Bukavu or with the Clemson University Brussels Center
- International opportunities: international exchange programs, internships abroad, possibility to specialize in international management, access to grants awarded by AWEX.
Connections with an active business environment and the reality of the outside world
- Strong links between faculty members and the business world
- Foothold in business right from the first year
- Education given at ICHEC is both scientific and professional: management training combines a critical approach to rigorous concepts and a practical involvement in the reality of the business world
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 22, 2018