The Master in Business Informatics combines theory, methods, and techniques from business and organisational science with the tools and practices of information and computing science. Our interdisciplinary approach addresses key issues faced by organisations and business managers across the globe.
Successfully aligning ICT with an organisation’s business processes requires both technological and managerial insight. In this programme you can specialise in one of the following three career areas:
- ICT Researcher (PhD) - Prepares for a career as a scientist and focuses on researching innovations in information science.
- Analyst - Prepares for a career as a consultant who provides advice or services on business matters related to ICT, or on ICT matters related to business.
- Entrepreneur - Prepares for a career as an independent entrepreneur who develops ICT products.
The integrative and multidisciplinary approach of the Master’s programme in Business Informatics is oriented towards the needs of future or current researchers, consultants, managers, and entrepreneurs in the field of ICT.
The Master in Business Informatics prepares you to analyse information management issues in business environments and to develop innovative ICT solutions in organisations and society.
You are ready to integrate human, organisational, and technical skills in real-life contexts and will have no problem finding a suitable job, such as:
- Business analyst
- Enterprise architect
- ICT project manager
- Software production manager
- Business consultant
- ICT consultant
- Software entrepreneur
- Information analyst
Your degree will allow you to pursue an academic career by continuing your education as a PhD student. One out of twelve MBI students chooses to do so.
Positions in industry obtained by our graduates include:
- ICT Researcher (Organisation & Information, Utrecht University)
- Business consultant (Deloitte, Morgan Chambers)
- ICT consultant (Capgemini, GX)
- Product software entrepreneur (AfasPersonal.nl, WappZapp.tv, Google, Microsoft, IBM)
About the School
Founded in 1636, Utrecht University is an esteemed international research university, consistently positioned number one in The Netherlands, 14th in continental Europe and the worldwide top 100 of int ... Read More