This master is designed to strengthen the management skills of students having a background in sciences and technologies (energy, electronics, and telecommunications, mechanical engineering and processes, physics, etc.) in addition to their training in economics and management and quantitative methods.
This program focuses particular attention on developing students’ ability to model and set out management problems so as to propose solutions and improvements and to make use of technological processes and learn how to manage them.
- Professional focus courses in the field of business engineering with in-depth study of the distinctive disciplines of the engineer: quantitative methods, technology, information systems, innovation and project management;
- A course on corporate social responsibility as well as a seminar on topical issues in economics and management;
- Majors: to specialize in one or two fields of management, either in a particular discipline or in a multidisciplinary field: Supply Chain Management (EN), Innovation Management (EN), Sourcing and procurement (EN), Information Systems (EN), Management Research (EN), Quantitative Finance (EN-FR), Entrepreneurship (EN-FR), Finance and Accounting (EN-FR), Marketing (EN-FR), Environmental Management (FR).
- An optional international exchange (or elective courses at LSM)
- An internship and a final master’s thesis.
OUR INTERNATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES:
-> Possibility to do an academic exchange in one of our 145 partner universities.
-> Access to 3 challenging international premium tracks, for high-profile students aiming at an international career:
1. CEMS-MIM: CEMS Master’s in International Management
- A top-ranked joint degree delivered by CEMS School Members.
- A postgraduate, pre-experience degree open to a selected group of students enrolled in a Master’s program in one of the 30 leading universities in the CEMS Alliance.
- Offers double degree: Master from the LSM and the CEMS Master in International Management
- Experience studying abroad in one of the 30 CEMS School in Europe or outside Europe
- Access to a network of CEMS Corporate Partners (multinational and local companies): Annual Career Forum, Soft Skills Seminars, etc.
- The practice of 3 languages - one of which must be English.
2. International Business - IB
- 25 selected students the opportunity to act as intrapreneurs, undertaking concrete initiatives in an international context and transforming ideas into business success.
- One year abroad: 4-5 months of academic exchange in a partner university and a 6-month internship within an international SME, multinational or NGO outside Europe.
3. Double Degree – DD
- A fantastic opportunity to become an expert in specific management fields; to discover another teaching method; to immerse in another country and to bring language skills to a professional level.
- These programs aim to prepare future business leaders to handle global development and acquire international management competencies, in a cross-cultural environment and to develop a global mindset.
- Graduate from two different renowned universities
- Double Degree partner institutions:
- Aalto University School of Business (Helsinki, Finland)
- Norwegian School of Economics (Bergen, Norway)
- Nova School of Business and Economics (Lisbon, Portugal)
- Universität zu Köln (Cologne, Germany)
- Vytautas Magnus University (Kaunas, Lithuania)
- KULeuven (Leuven, Belgium)
- Instituto Superior Técnico - Technical University of Lisbon (Portugal)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 2, 2018