Our globalized, digital economy and disruptive new technological innovation is creating virtually unlimited opportunities for new ventures. Human creativity and an entrepreneurial mindset are needed to initiate successful new ideas and develop sustainable new markets and business models that benefit society as well as business. If you are energized by the dynamic possibilities of the rapidly-evolving new world of business, the Utrecht University MSc in Business Development and Entrepreneurship gives you the practical abilities, networks, and strong academic foundations you need.
This Master’s program is based on Utrecht University’s world-class research in the domain of entrepreneurship and innovation and the interaction with business strategy and policy practice by U.S.E. staff members and lecturers. It also draws upon the broad international research network of the Utrecht Center for Entrepreneurship.
Content of the Program
In the Master in Business Development and Entrepreneurship you focus on:
- Venture development, creating the right environment and context for new ventures to thrive;
- Capturing value from innovation;
- Product and service development;
- Entrepreneurial marketing using methods like co-creation with customers and design thinking;
- Obtaining and managing (venture) capital.
Master’s program in Business Development and Entrepreneurship provides you with:
- The tools, skills, and techniques to recognize and develop new opportunities within established organizations as well as start-ups;
- Market analysis and empirical techniques for such analysis, including customer development;
- Strategy creation abilities. Special attention is paid to the launch of new products and services;
- Competencies for organizing and managing fast-growing corporations and corporate units, internally as well as in value-creating networks;
- Knowledge of how to finance new ventures, especially in a corporate environment.
Upon completion of the MSc in Business Development and Entrepreneurship, you are an expert in creating an environment in which new ventures can take hold and flourish. This expertise is highly sought after in business development functions (including innovation, marketing, and finance) in large (multinational) corporations. The same applies in entrepreneurial teams, start-ups, and various other economic development functions.