Start Your Career in the High-Demand Field of Business Analytics
Opportunities in the field of business analytics have exploded as major organizations have adopted data-driven and technology-focused strategies across nearly every industry. In the Wake Forest Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) program, you will learn advanced data methodologies to apply across functions ranging from finance to marketing to operations and human resources. We develop problem solvers that can take data from insight to impact, and can add value to any organization from day one.
Program Highlights include:
- Focus on experiential learning projects with our corporate partners and in-class use of actual retail data from our unique Center for Retail Innovation corporate partnerships.
- Differentiate yourself by building stronger communication, teamwork and leadership skills, and an understanding of the responsible and ethical use of data for making better decisions.
- Emphasis on training across the full spectrum of analytics methodologies with strong business knowledge from innovative courses such as Business Metrics and Analytics in the Boardroom.
- The Wake Forest School of Business has designed the MSBA program with the input of our corporate partners to meet their industry needs. Their feedback is clear — we need performance-ready analysts who demonstrate business knowledge and exceptional communication skills.
Graduates of the Wake Forest MSBA program will be equipped with marketable skills valued by top employers:
- Ability to identify and define business problems that can be resolved through the use of data and analytics.
- Knowledge to determine the proper analytical methodology to address current business challenges.
- Expertise to properly conduct valuable analyses with a thorough understanding of the methodology and assumptions.
- Confidence and ability to effectively communicate the results of those analyses to all stakeholders.
To be eligible for the MSBA program, you must hold or be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, mathematics, economics, computer science or liberal arts. Successful completion of coursework in calculus and statistics is required. Our program is designed for recent college graduates with limited or no full-time, post-graduate work experience.
The Wake Forest MSBA program is STEM and OPT certified, providing enhanced employment opportunities for international students. The STEM and OPT certifications can allow students to work for nearly 2.5 years in the U.S. while working with companies to obtain a work visa.
Examples of business analytics jobs at today’s leading employers include:
- Management Analyst/Consultant;
- Data Analyst/Scientist;
- Business Intelligence Analyst;
- Program and Marketing Managers;
- Big Data Analytics Specialist;
- Research Analyst;
- Manager of Services or Manufacturing Operations;
- Market Research Analyst;
- Business Intelligence and Performance Management Consultants;
- Pricing and Revenue Optimization Analyst.
Program taught in: