Application deadline update
- Non-EU/EEA students: 1 May (the original deadline of 1 April has been extended due to COVID-19)
- EU/EEA students and students who do not need a study visa/residence permit through VU Amsterdam*: 1 June (the original deadline of 1 May has been extended due to COVID-19)
How can you effectively lead a group of people to a common goal when they each have differing interests? How can you create a compelling call to action when addressing multiple stakeholders?
The Leadership & Change Management Master’s programme offers a unique proposition: it teaches you to lead a team through organisational change, to manage the change project, and to get buy-in from all involved. Leadership and change are a natural combination – no change management can be effective without good leadership, and only an effective leader can create positive change. Having completed the programme, you’ll come away with the organisational, political and rhetorical skills you need to be a successful future leader. Whether you want to find a role in consultancy, work internally for a large firm, or become an entrepreneur or project manager – this is the first step.
This is what you will be doing
The Leadership & Change Management programme will set you up as an academic professional, with knowledge of the theories of organisational change and leadership, as well as skills in implementing change and being an effective leader. In addition to courses that are unique to the Leadership & Change Management programme, you’ll also be able to take electives from the other Business Administration specialization programmes.
To break it down:
- You’ll take two mandatory courses:
- Perspectives on Organisational Change – Different perspectives on change, both theoretically and practically.
- Intervention & Project Management – Practise organisational skills and project management.
- You’ll take three elective courses in period 2 and 3; these should include at least two of the following three courses:
- Change Rhetoric and Politics – Make and deliver an effective speech that resonates with multiple audiences.
- Leadership: Advanced Perspectives – Practise your project management skills, and swap leadership styles to discover how diversity and bias come into play.
- Organisational Change Serious Game – Simulating a company’s political landscape, you’ll accrue power throughout the game by earning points for your various change leadership skills.
- You’ll take a course in Business Ethics in Leadership and Change Management. Explore current debates in business ethics and learn how to apply your insights to workplace moral dilemmas.
- You’ll learn academic research skills and put them straight into practice by writing your Master’s thesis.
- Whatever your personal career ambitions, you can tailor your Master’s to ensure success. Select from many potential electives and three different types of internships to customise your Master’s. Choose to specialise exclusively in Leadership & Change Management or generalise your degree with other BA courses from Human Resource Management, International Management, Management Consulting or Strategy & Organisation.
About the School
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is an internationally renowned research university founded in 1880. The university offers over 150 English taught programmes at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD level to 23,00 ... Read More