How can companies compete in a global environment? What is the best way to do business in an emerging market? What do international teams need in order to overcome challenges and work effectively? How do we prepare individuals and teams to excel in cross-border businesses?
The Business Administration: International Management Master’s programme will combine several teaching methodologies to answer these questions. The right blend of lectures that explore theoretical developments and hands-on experience with real-life cases ensures that you will not only learn the methods it takes to succeed, but also how to apply those methods in practical ways. You’ll be challenged to distinguish yourself among your like-minded colleagues, and will have the opportunity to address real-life, multinational business challenges. You’ll learn how the international context affects different aspects of business, and learn the practical skills necessary to address complex international business challenges. What’s more, you’ll learn what it takes to lead the international business world into the future.
This is what you will be doing
Your Master’s degree in International Management from VU Amsterdam combines a variety of teaching methodologies to ensure you emerge as a well-rounded manager with the skills and experience to lead. In addition to your course work, you will participate in workshops that give you hands-on experience with current international business challenges. Your selection from a wide range of electives will allow you to tailor your Master’s to your interest.
To break it down:
- You’ll take two mandatory courses:
- International Management – Explore the choices organisations need to make when going international.
- Culture and International Organisations – Find out how cultures influence managerial decision-making and critical company strategies.
- You’ll take three elective courses in period 2 and 3; these should include at least two of the following:
- Doing Business in Emerging Markets – A closer look at emerging markets and their growing influence on global business.
- International Entrepreneurship – Find out more about the innovative international entrepreneurs of today.
- Global Organisational Change – Understand the dynamics of effective organisational change.
- International Consulting Project – Work in groups to advise a company on an international management problem.
- You’ll take a course in Business Ethics in International Management – Learn different ethical philosophies and how they relate to international management.
- In your second semester, you’ll learn academic research skills and put them straight into practice by writing your Master’s thesis.
- You’ll participate in team projects with real-life companies, and act as a management consultant to solve real-world challenges.
- Whatever your personal career ambitions, you can tailor your Master’s to ensure success. Select from many potential electives and three different types of internships to customise your Master’s. Choose to specialise exclusively in International Management or generalise your degree with other BA courses from Human Resource Management, Management Consulting, Leadership & Change Management or Strategy & Organisation.
About the School
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is an internationally renowned research university founded in 1880. The university offers over 150 English taught programmes at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD level to 23,00 ... Read More