Do you want to understand the real business value of brands? Structural changes in today’s population and the digitization of our society require new brand management skills. Digital branding forms a new core competence for agencies and companies. Brands play an important role in business and society. Students specializing in brand management learn about current brand management issues and gain awareness of the interrelation of brands within complex brand architectures.
Managing brands without thinking about digital platforms are inconceivable today. Not only do traditional brand leadership and management need to be evaluated, but special attention needs to be given to the role of social media platforms and co-creation.
Creative and strategic planning skills, as well as crossmedia usage of all media channels, are required to develop and manage brands effectively.
This area of specialization teaches students how to combine management with creative planning and prepares them for leadership roles and tasks in brand development, marketing communication, and design functions.
The benefits of choosing Macromedia University
- Top position in CHE Ranking 2014/15.
- Small classes with intensive, individual supervision.
- Globally recognized, state-approved degrees, accredited by FIBAA.
- Campuses in Berlin & Munich: two of the Top 5 “Most Affordable Cities for Students 2015” worldwide.
- Authentic, practice-oriented projects with over 500 well-known companies.
- Highly qualified professors and industry insiders as lecturers.
- International students from all continents.
- Career perspectives in Germany: 18 months visa after successful graduation.
- Master’s degree over three days a week (e.g. from Thursday to Saturday).
- Buddy network for international students.
- Several Programmes entirely in English.
- Campus locations situated in the very center of Germany’s industrial locations.
- A worldwide network of Partner Universities.
Terms of admission
There are 15-20 places available for all Master’s degree courses at Macromedia University, Graduate School. Applicants need to provide the following documentation:
- University/B.A. degree with at least 180 ECTS (eligible for four-semester Master's).
- University/B.A. degree with at least 210 ECTS (eligible for three-semester Master's).
- TOEFL test (at least 72 out of 120 points) or IELTS (at least 6.0 out of 9); equivalent qualifications may also be accepted, as applicable.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Letter of recommendation (from your lecturer or employer).
- Personal motivation statement.
All MA programmes start in March and October and are offered as full-time programmes with a duration of three and four semesters. MA lectures usually take place three days per week during lecture times.
Following the non-consecutive philosophy of the Macromedia University Graduate School, we welcome graduates from all different branches and not only from a media and/or design background. You are required to provide a recognized undergraduate degree, but not necessarily from the same subject area, you plan to take your MA degree in.
All Master’s degree courses comply with the EU Master Qualification Criteria and the European Credit Point System. They are accredited by FIBAA. The programmes are subject to the General Examination Regulations for Graduate Master’s degree programmes and the respective course and examination regulations.
Registration deadline: Summer term: Non-EU 15/12; EU 15/02
Ask us a question!
We want to hear from you and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Visit our international website to find out more: www.macromedia-university.com. Get in touch with us via our online chat, or contact us via WhatsApp or the information request form. We want to help you find the perfect study programme for your dream career.
Program taught in: