What is Bioinformatics? Why do we need it? Which biomedical and nanotechnological applications need Bioinformatics?
The International Bologna Master in Bioinformatics addresses these questions and aims to generate knowledge and expertise in specific fields of Biology, Biotechnology and Medicine, where it is fundamental to refer to and retrieve bio-molecular data stored in Biomedical Databases.
In the post-genomic era, it is urgent for the advancement of science and of technological application to manage billions of biological data in order to store and retrieve the correct information. Furthermore, it is necessary to improve existing methods or alternatively to develop new ones for the analysis of genes, genomes, polymorphisms and their correlation to different pathologies.
5 reasons to enrol on the degree programme
- An interdisciplinary subject at the intersection of modern “Omic” Biology and Data Science
- An international course connected with the main European research hubs in Bioinformatics
- The Master will equip you with training in computing, statistics, machine learning and advanced techniques for Big Data analysis
- Hands-on activities will equip you with practical skills suited to work in applied Biomedical and Biotechnological fields
- Special advanced courses present the hot-spots of basic and applied research on the complexity of biological systems
There are specific enrolment procedures for each degree programme. You can find detailed information about how to apply, tuition fees and deadlines on https://corsi.unibo.it/2cycle/Bioinformatics/how-to-enrol
Study grants and subsidies
University students may obtain economic support during their studies from the Emilia Romagna Region, the University of Bologna and other external bodies.
Tuition fees exemptions
Check our website to know which are the required documents to apply for full exemptions and special subsidies.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 13, 2019