From a multidisciplinary approach, the Master in Conservation and Use of Biodiversity responds to the need to train professionals in the development of research, management, policies and teaching of high quality on the use, management and conservation of biodiversity, responding to ecosystem realities, political, economic and cultural of mega-diverse territories, such as the Colombian and that of a large part of the countries of Latin America and the Caribbean. The master's degree is articulated to the two departments of the Faculty of Environmental and Rural Studies, Department of Ecology and Territory and Department of Rural and Regional Development. Initiated in 2010, this master's degree promotes research from the modalities of deepening and field research in the critical field of threats to biodiversity and proposals aimed at evaluating sustainable use options for communities, at all scales.
- Title awarded: Master in Conservation and Use of Biodiversity
- Estimated Duration: Four (4), Full Time
- Modality: On-site
- Start date of the program: First half of 2020
- End date of the program: Once the established credits are completed
- Application deadline: November 14, 2019
- Qualified registration resolution: 4331 of March 10, 2017, effective until March 10, 2024
- Type of training: Postgraduate
- Price and currency: COP $ 10,373,000 / Semester
- Place where it is offered: Bogotá DC
- Teaching Language: Spanish
The Master in Biodiversity Conservation and Use is aimed at professionals trained in various disciplines, with undergraduate degrees, experience or interests in areas related to the knowledge, use and conservation of biodiversity. The applicant must have basic knowledge in statistics, and Excel management; writing skills, argumentation, and handling of English as a second language in minimum A2 level (if you do not have a certificate, you must take a classification test that is administered from the program). He is expected to have a critical and reflective attitude on the current national and global context.
Within the selection criteria the following are considered,
- Past academic performance (undergraduate or last degree obtained).
- Performance in logical-mathematical subjects.
- Analysis and context on conservation and / or use issues.
- Perceptions on conservation and / or use issues, ability to analyze and argue against conservation problems.
- Skills for local and international reflection and criticism.
- English (program exam) or certificate of level A2 or higher.
- Academic or course updates, related work experience, congresses. Regardless of your undergraduate profession.
- Knowledge of the program, identifying the particularities that make it more relevant for the training of each individual.
We are looking for applicants who have:
- Multidisciplinary interests and identification in conservation and use.
- Projection in the development of the program (fields of action in which you think you can contribute).
- Interest in a topic or intension of investigation or deepening.
The graduate of the Master in Conservation and Use of Biodiversity will be a master with knowledge about approaches, concepts and ways of managing biological diversity, with the ability to analyze different problems with an integral vision of the territory and recognizing cultural-environment relations.
Through the two modalities of the Master's Degree (deepening and research), the graduate will have the tools to:
- Plan and manage the conservation and use of biodiversity with criteria of environmental, social and economic sustainability.
- Expand and deepen its foundations in these areas and propose and conduct research that will allow you to generate knowledge in your area of expertise.
Graduates will be able to develop activities in the fields of consulting, public, private or collective management, services, business development and research with a high professional level.
The two modalities provide the same degree and require the same degree of dedication, but with a different emphasis on the components of courses and research.
About the School
Founded by the Society of Jesus in 1623, it is a Catholic university, recognized by the Colombian government, which aims to serve the human community, especially Colombia, seeking to establish a more ... Read More