One-year Computer Science (Conversion) Masters program “Big Data and Software Security” is designed specifically for students with little or no previous experience in Computer Science. It consists of core and elective modules, and a project. The degree is awarded after formal examinations and the project viva.
The candidates study 3 core modules:
- Big Data and Multidimensional Data Analysis,
- Mathematics and Parallel Programming,
- Web Programming and Introduction to Software Security,
and 1 elective from:
- Software Security and Data Safety,
- Human-Computer Interaction.
The taught part of the provision lasts from April, 16, 2018 to April, 2019. All modules are to be studied on campus. This is a preparation for the Masters project, which is conducted by the student at their home base with the assistance of a project supervisor assigned by the Department. The supervisor interacts with the student by email and Skype.
Students return to campus for their final viva the following May.
We target two areas of Computer Science: Big Data and Software Security. We seek highly motivated applicants who wish to elevate their career to the next level. If you enjoy working with data and have a passion for analytics, if you are eager to dive into software security, this is a program for you.
- Big Data and Multidimensional Data Analysis in specified area of knowledge.
- Text Mining and Sentiment Research
- Big Data Analytics in Medical Research
- Big Data in marketing analysis for marketing research
- Security design of a Big Data project
A good first degree in a STEM subject (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) is required.
Application procedure and deadlines
Deadline: February, 15, 2018
Applicant have to fill in the application form
and submit copies of documents of the following documents:
- Degree certificate including the full transcript.
- TOEFL certificate (a score of 50 or above is required) or equivalent. Applicants from countries wh ere English is the language of instruction in undergraduate studies are not required to provide an English proficiency certificate.
- Curriculum Vitae with a personal statement (< 500 words).
- Copy of the passport (all pages). We need this before admission to the course, in order to expedite the issuance of entry visas to the Russian Federation.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 19, 2018