Master of Science in Big Data Analytics and Information Technology Degree is a unique program focused on technological innovations and challenges in the 21st century. The program is fully accredited by AACSB International. Recent graduates of programs in our department are working in organizations such as Apple, Amazon, Boeing, Cerner, DST Systems, Edward Jones, Facebook Inc., IBM, Microsoft, Sprint, Target, Wal-Mart, Yellow Freight, H & R Block and many other Fortune 500 companies.
Master of Science in Big Data Analytics & Information Technology is a 30-hour program.
"Think quality, think MS BDA&IT "
MS in Big Data Analytics and IT Admission Requirements
Admission is granted on the basis of person's academic aptitude and potential evaluated through the academic record, work experience, and test scores. Courses completed prior to receipt of an undergraduate degree cannot be used toward the Big Data and Business Analytics degree.
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.5.
- GRE/GMAT is optional with 2.5+ years of work experience in IT field.
- GRE/GMAT is optional for people with a degree in CIS/IT from AACSB accredited program with high GPA.
- A minimum GRE score of 290 or GMAT score of 500. An exception may be made on a case-by-case.
- Acceptance into the BDA&IT program is limited and highly competitive.
MS in Big Data Analytics and IT Degree Requirements
MS BDA & IT is a 30-hour program. At least 15 hours must be taken at 5000/6000 level. For more information contact Dr. Sam Ramanujan at (660) 441-0496 or via email.
Graduate Core (15 hrs)
- CIS 4660 Applications Development using JAVA 3.0 hrs
- CIS 5675 Project Management 3.0 hrs
- CIS 5690 Advanced Systems Project 3.0 Hrs
- CIS 5650 Managing Information Security in Organizations 3.0 hrs
- CIS 5660 Legal Environment of Information Systems 3.0 hrs
Total Hours 15.0 hrs
Concentration (12 hrs)
Students must complete at least four of the following courses.
- CIS 4650 Big Data Architecture 3.0 hrs
- CIS 4680 Data Resource Management 3.0 hrs
- CIS 5680 Business Intelligence and Analytics 3.0 hrs
- CIS 5681 Big Data Solutions for Business 3.0 hrs
- CIS 5685 Information Visualization for Big Data Analytics 3.0 hrs
Graduate Electives (3 hrs)
Any graduate level CIS course approved by the advisor.
- ECON 5005 Economic Analysis for Business Decisions 3.0 hrs
- CIS 5606 Advanced Application Development Using Visual C# 3.0 hrs
- CIS 5610 Internet for the Enterprise 3.0 hrs
- CIS 5670 Internship in Computer Information Systems 3.0 hrs
- CIS 6610 Readings in Computer Information Systems 3.0 hrs
A student is expected to take CIS 5670 - Internship in CIS to meet the elective requirements. If the student does not receive a paid internship, any other graduate level CIS elective course approved by the adviser may be taken.
Required Undergraduate Background Courses (0-15 hrs)
The following undergraduate courses (or equivalents) are required. Some of the requirements may be waived for the Computer Information area. Undergraduate work already completed may be used to satisfy undergraduate background requirements.
- CIS 1625 Programming in Visual C# 3.0 hrs
- CIS 2665 Principles of Data Comm. & Local Area Networking 3.0 hrs
- CIS 3625 Bus. app dev with Java 3.0 hrs
- CIS 3650 Database Management Systems * 3.0 hrs
- CIS 3660 Analysis & Design of CIS ** 3.0 hrs
- FIN 2801 Business Statistics I *** 3.0 hrs
*This course has a prerequisite (CIS 1600). The student should take this course or an equivalent.
** This course has a prerequisite (CIS 3630). Graduate students can have this prerequisite waived by the department chair.
***This course has a prerequisite (Math 1111 or equivalent).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 7, 2018