The Big Data Analysis specialization, on our Master in Finance and Accounting studies, is a two-year program conducted in English, which is held in collaboration with industry experts from global companies. The studies simultaneously prepare students to work in big data in the finance field. Aside from extensive finance knowledge, practical technical skills will be taught, such as identifying, collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and transforming data, in order to face big data challenges in the financial world. Furthermore, new trends in both areas will be presented, from venture capital to cloud computing.
- The attained expertise will allow graduates to handle business processes from data capture over to processing and visualization, enabling them to participate in the decision-making process whether from a strategic or financing standing point by applying their problem-solving abilities and outside the box thinking. As a result, they will have the widest career opportunities in all areas.
- In 2018 the Master in Finance and Accounting program was ranked 17th in the world in the Global Masters in Finance Ranking published by "Financial Times". It is the only program ranked from Central and Eastern Europe. The Big Data Analysis program is a specialization on the Master in Finance and Accounting Program.
- Kozminski University is an academic partner of the CAIA Association. Becoming a partner of the CAIA Association, a global network of more than 9,000 alternative investment professionals located in more than 90 countries, gives our students access to CAIA's vast databases and the possibility to get a special scholarship.
- The Program is a part of the "Academia 360" project and is co-financed by the European Union (European Social Fund).
Partners of the program:
What you gain from your studies
- This innovative international Master program offers you hands-on experience of Business Analytics in collaboration with global companies across various industries, in a European country known for its technological know-how.
- This full-time international Master program enables you to build your career in applied data analytics, an area of high demand in top companies worldwide.
- Enhance your profile with excellent analytical skills, in order to facilitate the decision-making process.
- Extend your knowledge and skills within your area of interest through a number of elective courses.
- Improve your command of professional terminology not only in finance but also in the age of digitalization.
- Prepare yourself for further personal and professional development.
Career opportunities after your studies
- Big Data Analytics Manager
- Data Solutions Architect
- Business Intelligence Consultant
- Financial Market Analyst
- Analytics Consultant
- Business Analyst
- Business Consultant
- A specialist in any department of a company where knowledge of finance and big data is a must
- An employee of a finance department in an international corporation or a financial institution
- Data Scientist
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Building Research Models in R
- Elements of Descriptive Statistics and Statistical Inference
- Introduction into VBA in Quantitive Analysis
- Statistical Hypothesis and Properties Using R
- Analysis of Financial Data Relationships
- Linear Regressions in Analysis
- Construction and Exploration of Databases
- Methods of Data Cleaning and Aggregation
- Oracle for Creation of Databases
- Development of Project Management Skills with Negotiation Elements
- Financial Corporate Reporting
- Analysis of Financial Markets
- Advanced Analysis of Financial Markets
- Bayesian Financial Analysis
- Financial Mathematics
- Financial Economics with Macroelements
- Introduction into Reuters, Bloomberg, and Other Databases
- Introduction into R, SAS, Matlab, and Mathematica
- Introduction into Hadoop
- Data Processing in the Cloud
- Data Security
- Financial Data Mining
- Methods of Multidimensional Data Analysis
- Data Analysis and Simulations Using R
- Making Big Data Analytics Interactive, Using PowerPivot, SharePoint, Tableau and MicroStrategy
- Methods of Data Visualization and Reporting, Using MO and Tableau
- Panel Data Analysis
- Analysis of Time-Series Data
- Simulations and Predictions
- Financial Data Optimization
- Elementary of Text Mining on Financial Markets
- Web mining
- Social Media
- Venture Capital Funding
- Hacker Culture
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Financial Budgeting
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Operations Research
- Marketing Research
- Economic Research
- Using Python
- Using SQL
- Using SAS
Admission for the Program is based on a written exam (online test). Candidates with the highest score will be qualified.
Application for full time and part time Master's programs at Kozminski University must include:
- application form - complete the form online, print and sign.
- original Bachelor/Master degree diploma or notarized copy and transcript of records.
- 1 signed passport photograph.
- copy of the national ID or a passport.
- A CV in English.
- proof of payment of the admission fee (non-refundable).
- certificate confirming proficiency in English (unless the high school/university courses were taught in English) - e.g. FCE, CAE, CPE, BEC, CEIBT issued by the University of Cambridge; IELTS (>=6.0 points); TOEFL IBT (>=87 points); TOEIC (at least 700 points from the test); LCCI (English for Business level 2, 3, 4); London Test of English certificates (PEARSON) - level 3, 4, 5 (certificates Edexcel). Polish citizens who did their previous studies in English or who scored at least 95% on the basic level or 80% in the extended level from the English Language at the Polish Matura can be excluded from submitting an English proficiency certificate.
- Polish citizens who did their previous studies in English or who scored at least 95% on the basic level or 80% in the extended level from the English Language at the Polish Matura can be excluded from submitting an English proficiency certificate.
- Declaration of participation in the project.
- Project participant declaration.
All documents issued in foreign languages should be translated into Polish or English by a sworn translator. The application must be complete in order to be qualified for the entry test.
Documents should be delivered to the Kozminski University Admission Office (room D/126) in person or by post. Admission period begins on the 4th of February. The admission schedule:
|Submission of documents
||04.02 - 20.05.2019
||21.05 - 26.07.2019
||21.07 - 20.09.2019
|Date of online entry test
The admission fee for all Bachelor programs delivered in English is 100 PLN.
Payment of the admission fee should be made to the following bank account:
Name of the bank: Pekao S.A. II o/Warszawa
Address: Grzybowska 53/57, Warszawa
Bank account number: 20 1240 1024 1111 0010 1646 0637
SWIFT code: PKOPPLPW
Candidates from foreign countries
Foreigners who need a visa to study in Poland are additionally required to make payment of tuition for one full year of studies before we can issue documents necessary in the visa application process i.e. invitation to come to Poland and the admission decision. Admission commission issues a conditional acceptance letter including individual account number to which the payment should be transferred in Polish Złoty (PLN) calculated according to the exchange rates of the National Bank of Poland (www.nbp.pl). In case the candidate is denied, visa tuition is returned. Admission fee is non-refundable.
In case of visa, accommodations and other daily issues please contact our Student Support and Service Center: email@example.com
Tuition and Fees
Master's Program in Big Data Analysis (full-time)
|Tuition per semester
* Exchange rates according to NBP table of 2019-01-28: 1 EUR = 4,2885 PLN, 1 USD = 3,7592 PLN
PRICES IN PLN ARE APPLIED. If you pay in EURO or USD please note that payments in EUR and USD are recalculated into PLN according to the exchange rate of Millennium Bank based on the day of receipt of payment to the Kozminski University bank account.
Program taught in: