Financial markets play a key role in the stability and prosperity of economies, governments, and organizations, with a profound effect on the individual and society as a whole. Are you fascinated by the dynamic context of today’s financial markets, and do you want to make a positive impact on the future of international finance and banking? Then the Master’s in Banking and Finance at Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) is the program for you.
Based on Utrecht University’s research expertise, this unique and state-of-the-art Finance Master’s gives you a deep understanding of the interaction between the economic environment, economic policy, financial markets, and financial institutions.
Content of the Program
In the Master in Banking and Finance you will focus on:
- investment banking in international financial markets
- regulation of banks and other financial institutions worldwide
- central bank policies and commercial banks’ strategic allocation, funding and investment decisions
- risk management and the sustainability of financial systems and investments.
CFA University Affiliated Program
The MSc program in Banking and Finance is part of the CFA Institute® University Affiliation Program. As such, this Master’s program is a good choice for students interested in enrolling in the CFA Program and obtaining the CFA charter, the designation of excellence in the investment community. U.S.E. can offer scholarships to outstanding master students to undertake CFA exams at a special price.
This MSc in Banking and Finance provides you with:
- the knowledge, understanding, and skills necessary for a career in a variety of financial institutions;
- the opportunity to specialize in fields like investment banking and financial regulation;
- knowledge of sustainable finance and new forms of finance, which is highly relevant for a new generation of bankers and regulators;
- the opportunity to apply theory in practice with real-world case studies, research projects based on your interests, these internships, and career events;
- the opportunity to take part in debates in the Sustainable Finance Lab (SFL) and in the European Centre for Alternative Finance (ECAF), both of which are affiliated with U.S.E. and this Master’s program.
Upon completion of the MSc in Banking an,d Finance you are prepared for a wide range of positions in (international) financial institutions: central and commercial banks, consulting firms, investment funds, hedge funds, insurance firms, pension funds or financial market regulators.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 27, 2018