General management know-how perfectly combined with expertise in aviation
Getting customers and goods to their destination quickly and safely – that’s the key thing in aviation management. But the company’s market position and efficiency are also in your hands when you are in upper management.
That is why we provide not only important specialist knowledge but also relevant general management know-how in our International Management Master’s degree program with a major in Aviation Management. There are attractive top positions in interesting aviation professions for our graduates, especially at the management level.
You will learn about the main drivers for airline profitability – network planning and revenue management –, acquire knowledge about environmental issues such as noise and emissions, deepen your knowledge of airline and airport financing, and also deal with issues such as human resources, financial accounting, and marketing.
Facts & Figures
|Master of Arts (M.A.)||on Campus||4 semesters|
|Bad Honnef: March, September
Berlin: April, October
|from 5,290 EUR per semester||Bachelor’s degree,
proof of English language skills
A brief explanation from IUBH Professor Leibold
Aviation Management | A brief explanation from IUBH Professor Leibold from IUBH on Vimeo.
What you will learn from us
The Master’s degree program prepares you specifically for challenges you face as a leader in the aviation business:
- You learn how to apply strategic and operative management concepts specifically to international airlines and infrastructure providers.
- You deepen your knowledge of the structure and success factors for value-adding business models in aviation.
- You deal intensively with regulations and measures in the aviation industry.
Course of study at a glance
- Advanced Research Methods
- Applied Statistics
- Service Operations Management
- Performance Measurement and Management
- International Business
- Corporate Governance in an International
- International Economic Policy
- Foreign Language A
Electives (Choose 4 out of 6):
- International Organizational Behaviour
- Advanced International Human Resource Management
- International Management Accounting & Control
- International Marketing
- International Financial Accounting
- International Financial Management
- Negotiation Skills in an International Context
- Foreign Language B (Arabic/French/Italian/Spanish/Chinese/German/Russian)
- Strategic Aspects of the Service Industry
- Strategic Product Planning
- Aviation Policy
- Aviation Simulation Game
- Applied Marketing Research
- Aviation Seminar
- Controlling Airlines and Airports
- Master Thesis & Colloquium
Soumya Ranjan / Pexels
How does the course of studies work?
In the third semester of your Master's program in International Management, you choose your major and set your personal focus.
Where you will be studying
You can pursue your Master’s degree at the two German campuses in Bad Honnef and Berlin.
Air Freight Procurement Manager
As a Procurement Manager (or Procurator), you are primarily responsible for everything related to the purchase of materials or services in a company. You plan processes with suppliers, negotiate and conclude contracts, keep track of costs, plan and optimize the supply chain, monitor the deadlines for agreed manufacturing milestones, and coordinate transportation and storage for one or more sites. You must have a comprehensive understanding of the market, always be informed about new developments or possibilities for subcontracting and, if necessary, be able to initiate and manage changes.
Corporate Strategy Developer
As a Corporate Strategy Developer in aviation, you coordinate the corporate strategy process for a company. You lead strategy projects, develop strategies for entering new business areas, create market and technology analyses, lead internal innovation teams, publish studies and create decision-making templates for management.
Process Management Consultant
Clearly defined and optimized processes are of the utmost importance in the aviation industry because it is the only way to work efficiently and ensure all resources are used effectively. As a Process Management Consultant, you offer relevant consulting, analyze processes, compare existing processes with best-practice examples and provide the necessary ideas and change strategies to optimize, streamline or redesign processes.
About the School
IUBH Campus Studies at IUBH University of Applied Sciences offers on-campus degree programs that have a strong international focus: all courses are taught in English, the curriculum is aligned to the ... Read More