Master in Automotive Mechatronics and Management
Rapid developments in vehicle engineering have led to a merging of the fields of Mechanics, Electronics and Informatics. One cause of this is that vehicles meet customer demands by the optimal interplay of various mechanical and electronic components. Many functions in the areas of comfort, safety and efficiency are only made possible by mechatronic systems. In this context, specific expertise in the mechatronic disciplines, combined with social- and business economics competences, will be central requirements for future employees and managers in the automotive industry. Precisely these requirements are the focus of the new Master’s degree Automotive Mechatronics and Management.
- Qualification: Master of Science in Engineering (MSc).
- Duration: 4 semesters (120 ECTS).
- Places: 15.
- Mode of study: full-time.
- Entrance requirements: Completed Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS or equivalent) with Economics or Engineering and English background.
- Language of tuition: 100% English.
- Vehicle Engineering: vehicle components, drive concepts, road performance.
- Vehicle Mechatronics: sensors, actuators, signal preparation, system architecture.
- Vehicle Systems: regulation-, safety- and support systems.
- Vehicle Informatics: communication structure, Car2X communication, embedded systems.
- Quality Management: quality planning, quality assurance, quality management systems.
- Management & Law: innovation, market-oriented management.
- IPR: Intellectual Property Right.
- Business Economics: management, controlling, production economics.
- Social Competence: intercultural-, moderation-, leadership competence.
This international Master’s program meets the demand of the motor vehicle industry for engineers who can combine complex individual components into innovative mechatronic systems with improved or completely new functions and in doing so think and act under consideration of qualitative and cost aspects. The fields of activity of graduates are therefore in the execution and management of mechatronic development projects, in the design and validation of mechatronic vehicle systems or as Quality Engineers in the field of Quality Assurance in the product development process.
Practice and Research
The practice-orientation of this program is guaranteed by close cooperation with companies in the automotive industry. Further, many of the professors and lecturers work in the automotive industry or closely with it. Within the framework of the practical and Master’s projects students work on current projects in the industry.
About the School
The University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria is the largest university of applied sciences in Austria and is an integral part of the tertiary education system. The organization is defined by the r ... Read More