Polytech Orléans and ISAT have opened their co-accredited "Master in Automotive Engineering for Sustainable Mobility" in September 2010. The master has been accredited by the French ministry of research and education for 5 years in September 2017.
This two-year Master (3 semesters & 1 internship semester), totally taught in English, aims at preparing students for a professional career with a broad knowledge of automotive engineering adapted to the new trends (hybrid propulsion, electrical vehicle, fleet management, etc.) while offering specialisations central to the industry & research to meet these requirements.
Located in a large and open campus, Polytech Orléans is an engineering faculty and school that provides an extensive range of courses at degree and postgraduate level in the areas of engineering and technology. Polytech Orléans has acknowledged expertise in automotive topics such as new engine concepts, energy management, engine control, and external aerodynamics in partnership with leading car manufacturers and suppliers.
Set up near the Nevers/Magny-Cours F1 circuit, the student will visit & work on innovative projects with the motorsport SMEs & big automotive manufacturing companies, consultant organizations as well as suppliers. Additionally, thanks to a close network of 4 Research Centres and 1 public-private laboratory, other career opportunities may be found as academic researchers.
- PRISME laboratory at Polytech Orléans
- PRISME Engine and Combustion research group
- PRISME External Aerodynamics research group
- DRIVE laboratory at ISAT
- DRIVE Energy Propulsion Electronics and Environment research group
Core teaching units and specialized teaching units for Option Energy Management & Control for Sustainable Mobility (EMC) and Option Vehicle Dynamics / Intelligent Vehicle (VD/IV).
Fall semester in Orléans (30 ECTS)
- Internal combustion engines (EMC) / Vehicle dynamics (VD/IV)
- Trends in Automotive and Transportation: Past and present transportation economy for the future
- Scientific prerequisite
- Electrical engineering
- IT: Programming
- Advanced physics
- French culture and language
Spring semester in Orléans (30 ECTS)
- Control and onboard diagnostics applied to internal combustion engines (EMC) / vehicle dynamics (VD/IV)
- Acquisition systems and signal processing
- Real-time programming
- Simulation and experiments on powertrains
Fall semester in Nevers (30 ECTS)
- Engine components (injection, turbomachinery) (EMC)/Vehicle dynamics (VD/IV)
- Alternative fuels and pollutant reduction (EMC)/Intelligent vehicle (VD/IV)
- Critical systems and vehicular networks
- Alternative fuels and pollutant reduction
- Energy hybridization/storage
- Electrical powertrain
- Professional conferences
- French culture and language
Spring semester (30 ECTS)
- Internship in a research center or laboratory
Oustanding achievement is required in the applicants First Degree, which must have equivalent to UK first class in either bachelor:
- mechanical engineering
- automotive engineering
- electrical engineering
- computer science
- TOEFL 550
- TOEIC 785
- IBT TOEFL 80
- IELTS 6.5
- Not required as French as a foreign language is taught to all non-French speaking students.
- 5750 euros/year
For the 2018 admission cycle, please fill out the application form prior to May 7th, 2018.
Please direct your questions to Professor Pascal HIGELIN: email@example.com
About the School
Polytech Orléans is part of the national Polytech network of university engineering schools. Being a member of this exclusive group means that Polytech'Orléans offers a superior program with a wide ra ... Read More