Economics and Management of Industrial Systems
The Branch is focused to the exploitation of computers and automation of technological processes above all in the metallurgical industry by application of knowledge in the field of theory of automated control, integrated computer systems, modern methods of control with the exploitation of artificial intelligence and applied informatics and control of technological aggregates and processes.
Key Learning Outcomes
- advanced scientific methods of modeling, simulation and optimal control of dynamic systems,
- modern tools and techniques for designing and implementation of complex control systems based on programmable logic controllers, programming of information systems and modern control methods,
- detailed knowledge of industrial technologies, especially in the field of metallurgy and related technologies.
- independent control of production and technological processes, particularly in the metallurgical enterprises
- the ability of creative synthesis of gained technological knowledge in the field of metallurgy, knowledge of control methods and implementation of control and information systems,
- the ability of independent analysis, design and implementation of control systems for technological processes especially in metallurgical industry field by means of application of modern computing, measurement and automation tools.
General competencies within the scope defined by the national descriptors of the Czech qualifications framework with an emphasis on communication skills, management, and organizational skills, ability to communicate in at least one foreign language, etc.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
This unique engineering field of study follows on the bachelor’s study program and expands and deepens knowledge and practical abilities in the automation and informatics areas in industrial technologies.
The teaching process is focused on the application of modern technology from the artificial intelligence field, programmed logic control and robotic systems in a real industrial environment. The teaching process is conducted in modern laboratories, equipped with models of technological devices with computer support and with virtual reality elements. The students can gather scholarship by working on research projects under the department and its partner’s supervision. These projects can significantly enhance student’s experience in given area. Graduates are very desired and can work as an experienced techno-analytic workers.
Determined by Dean, may include entrance examination, other formal documents.
120 ECTS Credits, Final state examination, Diploma thesis
Course Structure Diagram with ECTS Credits
List of courses is available at the detailed branch description page 30 ECTS credit per semester.
About the School
Founded in 1849, VSB - Technical University of Ostrava (VSB-TUO) is a Czech public university with a long tradition in high-quality engineering education and research. These traditional core values ha ... Read More