Graduate engineer for technical and scientific professions
Focus of the Master's Program Architecture
Competences include design, design, building culture and history, architectural theory, building typologies, society and ethics, building construction, structural design, building physics and building services, management, process design and mediation. Based on the content of the bachelor's program "Architecture", master students learn how to sharpen the arguments of their design decisions and to provide proof of this. At the end of a master's program, the students should be able to recognize tasks and to develop projects as well as to carry out the planning and design in a quality and sustainable manner.
The master's program "Architecture" is based on the bachelor 's degree program of the same name and focuses on the areas of "Social Construction" and "Regional Value Creation". Students deal with the diverse organization in the construction of planning processes in architecture. In addition, social, economic, legal and technical developments in architectural and urban planning tasks are dealt with during the two-year study.
In addition to the sustainable planning and implementation of new buildings, students also deal with the sustainable renovation of old buildings. In practical project work, the students make contacts with decision-makers from the fields of education, tourism, business, politics and community affairs. Mastery of the English language and acquisition of communicative skills complete the qualification profile of the students. Your degree gives them an EU-wide recognized course in architecture.
What students should bring to their studies:
- Curiosity and curiosity
- Logical and abstract thinking
- Interest in materials and crafts, spatial relationships and creative processes
After successfully completing the degree, graduates have the following skills and knowledge:
- They develop architectural and urban planning solutions for various tasks.
- They have an informed view of creative and aesthetic issues that are always reflected in the ecological and economic.
- They initiate projects in advance of planning, they further develop methodically and thereby ensure the quality in the structural implementation.
- They understand sustainable property development and object planning, including constructive and building-technical requirements.
- They master the design, execution and detail planning and integrate knowledge of their project management competence into the planning.
- They develop sustainable remedial measures for listed or preserved buildings.
- They design architectural, urban planning and open space planning projects.
- They contribute to Baukultur processes and shape them.
The increasingly complex requirements in the field of architecture, the training to a great extent. This emphasizes the quality of its thematic priorities "rural and social construction" and the networking with civil engineers. The course prepares students for their professional practice in the following areas:
- Designs and competitions
- project development
- Project management in the area of planning or execution
- Building supervision or construction management
- Construction management and management for clients, designers or contractors
- Senior positions at planning offices, general planners, executing companies or authorities
- Construction process support and moderation
- Entry opportunities in research
In contrast to the existing university education, the compact architecture study at the FH Kärnten in Spittal breaks new ground in the following points:
The holistic consideration of design and construction is consistently demanded. That's why engineering and business competence are integrated into architecture education in a practical way. This brings special synergies for the later professional implementation. In project work solutions for complex tasks from the practice of students with professors and lecturers are developed. In addition, students acquire social and communication skills. The graduates receive their scientific qualification in a final thesis (Master's Thesis).
Accepted architecture studies throughout the EU
The study of architecture (master's degree) at the FH Kärnten is recognized throughout Europe according to the EU Professional Qualification Guidelines (2005/36 / EC). Graduates are subject to the same admission requirements for passing the Civil Technician Exam as for graduates of the University.
The successful completion of the master's program in architecture subsequently entitles to a doctoral degree program in accordance with § 6 FHStG (4).
Of course, graduates of the master's program in architecture can also go on their way to professional independence after completing their civil engineering or construction master's examination.
About the School
Since its inception, the FH Kärnten has developed into a unique educational institution in Carinthia. Due to the constant further development of the study programs of the University of Applied Science ... Read More