Information for applicants
The two-year master's degree in Architecture and Civil Engineering is a continuation of the four-year bachelor's degree in Architecture and Civil Engineering in the same field of study. The emphasis in the master's study is on architectural design and building disciplines, which are an integral part of every construction work. The two-year program includes courses in architecture and urban design with a major emphasis on studio work. The studio also includes interior design.
- Faculty: Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Type of study: Follow-up Master
- Language of instruction: English
- Code of the program: N0731A010004
- Title of the program: Architecture and Construction
- Regular period of the study: 2 years
- Cost: 4000 € per year
- Coordinating department: Department of Architecture
- Keywords: Landscape architecture, Architecture, Theory of Architecture, Interior, Urbanism
A graduate of a two-year master's degree will find employment primarily as a creative designer - architect with strong technical knowledge in the field of conceptual design and design of all kinds of building construction and as the main coordinator of the project. Another possibility of professional application is in administrative institutions and offices dealing with the issue of construction, including monument care. Completion of the master's study is a prerequisite for the possible continuation of the doctoral study.
The aim of teaching at the Faculty of Civil Engineering of VŠB-TUO is to educate and educate young professionals of excellent qualities who are not only capable of full application in practice by the complexity of their education but also due to the considerable possibilities. As it is not entirely predictable as to the further development of the field, the aim of the study will be to provide graduates with knowledge of natural and social sciences, expertise and skills in civil engineering and architecture, architectural design and graphic representation of designs. Graduates will also be able to implement the proposals. With the acquired knowledge and competence, the outgoing engineer architect will be able to find a wide application in the labor market, flexibly respond to continuous technological, social and legislative developments. In relation to the master's program Architecture and Civil Engineering, the main objective is to teach students the quality analysis and synthesis of the problem of architectural design and practice, which is the basis not only of each quality architectural solution but also a tool of easy adaptation to possible changes and development.
The graduate has a deep knowledge and understanding of the subject and scope of the field corresponding to the current state of knowledge. The graduate has broad knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts, and methods corresponding to the current state of knowledge in the field. The graduate has an understanding of the possibilities, conditions, and limitations of the use of knowledge of related fields.
The graduate is able to independently define and creatively solve a theoretical or practical problem in the field using professional knowledge. The graduate is able to solve a complex problem independently and creatively using selected theories, concepts, and methods of the field.
Graduate's general competence
The graduate is able to make independent and responsible decisions in new or changing contexts or in a fundamentally evolving environment with regard to the wider social consequences of decision-making. The graduate is able to define assignments for professional activities, to coordinate them and to take ultimate responsibility for their results according to the developing context and available resources. The graduate is able to solve the ethical problem independently. The graduate is able to communicate his / her expert opinions in a comprehensible and convincing way to experts and the wider public. The graduate is able to use his / her professional knowledge, professional skills, and general competence in at least one foreign language. The graduate is able to plan, support and manage with the use of theoretical knowledge in the field of acquiring further professional knowledge, skills, and competences of other team members.
General admission requirements: Master degree candidates
Criteria for admission
- Bachelor degree (at least)
- English-language ability – students, who are not native speakers may be asked to demonstrate their ability to study in English, e.g. by presenting the results of any language tests they have taken. English language ability document - minimum requirements: IELTS score 5,0; TOEFL internet-based score 62 (possibly other certificates at the same level)
- Entrance examination (according to the Faculty Admission Procedure Rules and Conditions for Admission)
- e-Application form
- Copies of graduation certificates (Diploma and Diploma Supplement or Transcript of Records)
- Recognition document of graduation certificate - official document to say that the degree is recognized in the Czech Republic
- Payment of Registration Fee 500 CZK per 1 study program, it is non-refundable
- Valid visa and passport
- Tuition Fee is 4000 EUR per academic year, payable at the beginning of each academic year. It is non-refundable.
About the School
Founded in 1849, VSB - Technical University of Ostrava (VSB-TUO) is a Czech public university with a long tradition in high-quality engineering education and research. These traditional core values ha ... Read More