The programme of Applied Sociology is designed to prepare specialists capable of originally and independently analysing peculiarities and problems of the functioning of society at its various levels. Graduates will also be able to prepare and complete research projects on social problems, to define solutions for social problems and to implement them by applying contemporary sociological theories and methods. After completion of the programme of Applied Sociology, the master degree in sociology is granted.
- Competence to apply sociological theoretical models for the analysis of peculiarities of the functioning and development of society;
- Competence to identify social problems within various social institutions – economics, politics, family, law, education, religion, medicine (i.e. macro level) and at the level of individual relations (i.e. micro level);
- Competence to analyse social problems from the perspective of local and global processes;
- Competence to prepare and implement research projects on social problems;
- Competence to conduct empirical research by applying quantitative and qualitative methods of social research;
- Competence to process research data with the data analysis software;
- Competence to analyse and interpret the data of sociological research and prepare research reports;
- Competence to define solutions for social problems and possibilities to implement these solutions;
- Competence to consult governmental, non-governmental and private organizations about the development of human resources, organizational culture, communication and interest coordination between various minority groups and to evaluate the intellectual and social resources of these organisations;
- Competence to clearly and non-ambiguously provide logical and knowledgeable conclusions for the audiences of specialists and non-specialists.
About the School
Ranked in QS World University Rankings as a leader in the country by its internationality, VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and one of the few in the region where a wid ... Read More