The aim of the Master Study Programme in Applied Sociology is to provide its graduates with complex theoretical and research competencies that would allow them to react and to adapt to the needs of the rapidly changing societies and successfully continue with an academic or vocational career. The Programme is designed in line with major social developments taking place in contemporary societies. Majority of the Programme teachers are active scholars involved in various local and international research projects and expert activities. The teachers’ research fields correspond to the subjects they teach. This creates the framework of opportunities for the students to join the research activities in the particular sphere, and acquire the research and presentational skills.
The prospective students are expected to hold a Bachelor degree or its equivalent.
Graduates of Applied Sociology programme will be able to work:
- in social research centres, public opinion and market research institutions, and public administration;
- organisational work in private and public institutions and non-governmental organizations;
- in science and education institutions;
- in advertising and public relations agencies;
- in various spheres of media;
- in cultural institutions;
- in international organizations and foundations for development, public health, tourism and recreation, and humanitarian aid;
Graduates of Applied Sociology may continue studies in PhD studies in sociology.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 7, 2016