Led by internationally recognised research, this study programme focuses on the aspects of fundamental and applied physics, on the formation of new functional solid surfaces produced by physical vapour deposition high technologies, and many other exciting issues, starting with experimental research and ending with theoretical computer simulation.
The Master+ model offers either to a masterpiece in the chosen discipline by choosing the Field Expert track or to strengthen the interdisciplinary skills by choosing the Interdisciplinary Expert track emphasising managerial skills or a choice of a different competence to compliment the chosen discipline and achieve a competitive advantage in one’s career.
Internationally recognized research
KTU physicists are internationally famous for research in processes on the surface, radiation interaction with materials, nanotechnologies and thin films processes.
Contemporary and modern equipment
Students conduct research in scientific laboratories of KTU Department of Physics, Microsystems and Nanotechnology Research Centre, Santaka valley.
Master+ model offers either to a masterpiece in the specialisation or to strengthen managerial/interdisciplinary skills by choosing an individual set of competencies required for a career.
– Has latest and comprehensive knowledge that deepens and expands the knowledge of the first study cycle (Bachelor) about the laws, concepts, equations, phenomena of modern classic, quantum and theoretical physics, their experimental and theoretical substantiation, understands latest achievements and problems, facts and principles of modern physics, able to apply this knowledge in multi-disciplinary contexts related to the field of physics;
– Has specialised deep knowledge about solid body’s surface condition, kinetic and dynamic processes in interaction with plasma, gas and external ionising, electronic and photonic radiation; is able to integrate this knowledge while solving scientific problems and explaining physical phenomena;
– Knows and is able to apply technologies of modern physics based on ionising, electronic and photonic radiation that are used for modification of solid body surfaces and growth of thin film in new or unknown environment;
– Knows latest solid body surface analysis methods and techniques, methodologies for management and analysis of results and is able to apply them in scientific research;
– Knows the latest achievements, theories, ideas, principles and application of nano science and nano technologies in the areas of solid body surface modification and forming of thin films; is able to apply this knowledge while introducing innovations;
– Knows and is able to apply mathematical methods for modelling of physical processes, analysis of experimental results and planning of experiment in new environments;
– Has knowledge about properties of specialised functional materials and their physical processes, areas of their application and development technologies, is able to apply this knowledge in the process of introduction of innovations and performance of scientific research;
– Able to integrate knowledge of various areas; able to work or manage a team consisting of people from various fields of science and having various competences.
– Able to individually find, analyse and critically assess scientific and information literature, review latest literature on the topics of physical processes or phenomena, set objectives and tasks for a research work in physics;
– Able to critically assess available knowledge of theoretical physics, integrate them in planning and performance of practical research and experiments, able to critically assess alternative solutions, research methods, make decisions with a lack of comprehensive or well-defined information; to prepare methodology for research work while solving scientific problems;
– Able to individually plan and perform experimental research in physical fields of plasma, ionisation and plasma-chemical processes, micro and nano technological processes, perform theoretical analysis of experimental results, analytical research, mathematical modelling, is able to assess results and their reliability, assess research data required for introduction of innovations;
– Understands the impact of physical technologies on nature, observes principles of green technologies, is able to manage difficult situation in the context of scientific research;
– Able to individually use technological and analytical equipment for scientific research in physics, to perform experiments, non-standard laboratory tests and measurements in the context of scientific research;
– Able to manage and interpret research data using information technologies; able to summarise results of the performed research in physics and provide reasoned conclusions;
– Able to comprehend the limits of accuracy in experimental data, reliability of modelling or research methods, to assess measurement tolerances and consider all of it while planning further research or activities.
Dainius Bernatavičius, UAB "Leggato", Manager
I started working at the company "Leggato" as a storekeeper and then climbed my career ladder, only because I acquired a wide range of technical knowledge during the studies of applied physics: starting with acoustics, geometrical optics, the strength of materials or computer graphics.
The basis of acquired knowledge is enough for successful work, but a deeper knowledge of physical phenomena and their application, as well as mathematical calculation or simulation, is necessary for career development. Studies of physics have taught me to find analytical solutions to technical problems. I am glad that studies not only expanded my knowledge horizons but also created a strong scientific ground. At work, I constantly apply the knowledge, acquired during bachelor and master degree studies in applied physics. I could not identify the most significant modules because all of them were significant and useful.
|Proficiency in English|
IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or equivalent
|University Bachelor degree certificate|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher) with min. length of 180 ECTS (3 years of studies) is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Average grade (CGPA) > 60 %
For more information of this programme, please visit their web page here.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 5, 2018