Applied Measurement Science is a 120 ECTS Master’s program providing thorough knowledge and skills in the areas of laboratory and technological measurements, testing and chemical analysis methods, quality systems, metrology and related economic and legal aspects. Studies are carried out in the “Chemicum” building, one of the top research and education facilities in Northern Europe.
How will this degree develop students’ potential?
- Thorough knowledge and skills in laboratory and technological measurements, methods of testing and analysis, factors affecting the results, methods of calculating measurement results, documenting measurement results, quality systems;
- Skills necessary to work with the more widespread measurement and analysis methods, to tune them according to a given measurement or analysis procedure and to optimise measurement procedures, to determine the characteristics of measurement and analysis procedures, to assess their suitability for a specific measurement or analysis task and to assess the adequacy of the measurement or analysis results obtained;
- High competence demanded, for work in quality assurance laboratories in various industries, inspection, certification and accreditation agencies;
- Practical experience gained during the study period through an internship placement with companies.
- Graduates with Bachelor’s degrees in physics, chemistry, materials science, natural sciences, engineering, technology or medicine;
- Practitioners in analysis and measurement laboratories who are facing the fast development of analytical methods and new regulations (Quality systems, ISO 17025 accreditation, etc.);
- Personnel of laboratories, accreditation, certification and inspection agencies;
- Quality managers in various industries.
This school offers programs in: