Scholarships for the best candidates
Candidates for a full-time program, who have achieved at least 80% of the points from the entry test will have the possibility to apply for the "Scholarship for the Best Candidates".
The awarded candidates are chosen based on a ranking system.
Only the application submitted until the 15th of July will be considered for the scholarship. The candidates, who were granted a scholarship will be informed about it at the latest on July 31st.
The Master in Applied Global Economics program offers a unique educational offer, blending theoretical knowledge, and practical professional skills, which constitutes a toolbox for a modern economist.
The goals of the program are achieved by:
- An Innovative, comprehensive, pluri-perspective, and evidence-based approach, making learning a truly unique experience. At Kozminski University, we strongly believe in the power of self-discovery and we emphasize the interaction. We strive to replicate the real-economy set-up in the classroom.
- An in-depth understanding of modern economics and its geopolitical context. At Kozminski, we provide a truly wide perspective on the global economy.
- Intensive training in theory and econometrics is built on the faculty’s strength, whereas economic policy is presented by professionals. At Kozminski we value the professional expertise and experience.
- A wide selection of elective courses. At Kozminski we praise the individual choices: you may focus on the fields of your interest.
- A modern approach to quantitative methods. At Kozminski we offer an engaging perspective for harmful econometrics.
- Quality preparation for a wide range of career opportunities within the field of applied economics.
- A truly comprehensive program structure built upon a four-pillar complementary and additive architecture, namely: a strong theory refresher and extension; intensive training in methods and tools of economic analysis; a substantial emphasis on economic policy; and finally, an intensive linguistic training.
- An inspiring, engaging, and collaborative learning environment offering possibilities of exchanging ideas and debating with world-class professors and practitioners.
- A possibility of developing specific interests in the field areas, with an extended range of elective courses.
- A dynamic and unique location in the economic and cultural heart of Central Europe.
- A cost-of-living advantage.
- Students are encouraged to take advantage of a six-month stay in one of the 200 renowned universities from around the world as part of an international exchange program. Additionally, the students have the opportunity to go for a paid internship abroad.
- Graduates receive a Master of Economics diploma. Additionally, they get a diploma's supplement stating that the graduate has finished a major in Applied Global Economics.
- Studies are conducted in a full-time mode.
What you gain from your studies
During your studies you will gain knowledge, skills, and social competences among others in:
- Economics theories
- Modern tools of economic analysis
- Methods in policy-making
- Training in qualitative analysis (statistics/econometrics/big data)
- Fluency and understanding of the complex language used in global economics
- You will become a part of an open-minded, internationalized academic community.
- You will get the chance to meet people from all around the world, and create a network that will benefit you for a lifetime.
- Your degree will be globally recognized thanks to the "Triple Crown" Accreditation.
Career opportunities after your studies
After graduating from the Master in Applied Global Economics program in English, you can work in:
Examples of professions that a graduate of the program will be well prepared to be a(n):
- Economist in international organizations (e.g. OEDC, World Bank, IMF)
- Economic counselor in large companies or organizations with an international focus (e.g.McKinsey, Boston Consulting Group)
- Economist in multinational companies (e.g. Procter and Gamble, Phillip Morris)
- Economic counselor in sectoral industry federations and associations
- Economist in investment banks
- Economic counselor in embassies (e.g. chambers of commerce)
- Economic counselor in the public sector (e.g. governmental positions, the regional administration)
- Economist/advisor in the non-profit sector/NGOs
- Researcher/analyst in data companies (e.g. Reuters, CG Insights, Clarivate)
geralt / Pixabay
Theory refresher and extension
- Advanced macroeconomics
- Advanced microeconomics
- Epistemology and history of economic thought
- Economics and geopolitics
- Trade theory and policy
- Experimental economics
- Innovation economics and innovation policy
Training in methods and tools of economic analysis
- Economic modeling
- Introductory econometrics
- Research methods in economics
Economic policy analysis
- Methods in policy evaluation
- Economics of competitiveness
- Panel data econometrics
- Time series analysis
- Big Data analysis
- Simulations and predictions
- R applications
- Development and transition economics
- Environmental economics and policy
- Regional economics
- Labor economics and policy
- Financial markets
- Economics of intellectual property
- Economics of new technologies
- Economics of networks
- International organizations
- Project management
- Logic, rhetoric, and art of argumentation
- Full-time programs
Classes take place from Monday to Friday in the morning and in the afternoon.
Admission for full-time and part-time Master programs at Kozminski University is based on 2 criteria: GPA on your previous studies and results of an online entry test. The maximum score is 100 points - 50 points for the test and 50 for GPA. Candidates who scored at least 60 points from both criteria will be qualified for the program.
Application for full time and part-time Master's programs at Kozminski University must include:
- Application form - complete the form online, print and sign
- Original Bachelor/Master degree diploma or notarized copy and transcript of records
- 1 signed passport photograph
- Copy of the national ID or a passport
- CV in English
- Proof of payment of the admission fee (non-refundable)
- A certificate confirming proficiency in English (you can be exempted from submitting an English proficiency certificate only if your High School Diploma confirms that English is your only language of instruction or English is your mother tongue) - e.g. FCE, CAE, CPE, BEC, CEIBT issued by the University of Cambridge; IELTS (>=6.0 points); TOEFL IBT (>=87 points); TOEIC (at least 700 points from the test); LCCI (English for Business level 2, 3, 4); London Test of English certificates (PEARSON) - level 3, 4, 5 (certificates Edexcel). Polish citizens who did their previous studies in English or who scored at least 95% on the basic level or 80% in the extended level from the English Language at the Polish Matura can be excluded from submitting an English proficiency certificate.
All documents issued in foreign languages should be translated into Polish or English by a sworn translator. We process applications from the 4th of February until August (applications from non-EU citizens) and from the 4th of February until the end of September (applications from EU-citizens). Applications received afterward will be kept on file and processed within the next application period.
The admission fee for all Master programs delivered in English is 100 PLN.
Payment of the admission fee should be made to the following bank account:
Name of the bank: Pekao S.A. II o/Warszawa
Address: Grzybowska 53/57, Warszawa
Bank account number: 20 1240 1024 1111 0010 1646 0637
SWIFT code: PKOPPLPW
Candidates from foreign countries
Foreigners who need a visa to study in Poland are additionally required to make payment of tuition for one full year of studies before we can issue documents necessary in the visa application process i.e. invitation to come to Poland and the admission decision. Admission commission issues a conditional acceptance letter including individual account number to which the payment should be transferred in Polish Złoty (PLN) calculated according to the exchange rates of the National Bank of Poland (www.nbp.pl). In case the candidate is denied a visa tuition is returned. The admission fee is non-refundable.
In case of visa, accommodations, and other daily issues please contact our Students Support and Service Center.
Tuition and Fees
|Year I||Year II|
|Tuition per semester paid in full (PLN)||11900 PLN||12500 PLN|
|Tuition per semester in 5 installments (PLN)||5 x 2400 PLN||5 x 2520 PLN|
|Tuition per semester paid in full (EUR)||2770 EUR*||2910 EUR*|
|Tuition per semester in 5 installments (EUR*)||5 x 560 EUR*||5 x 590 EUR*|
|Non-refundable admission fee: 100 PLN/24 EUR*|
*Exchange rates according to NBP table of 2020-02-03: 1 EUR = 4,301 PLN
Prices in PLN are applied. If you pay in EURO or USD please note that payments in EUR and USD are recalculated into PLN according to the exchange rate of Millennium Bank based on the day of receipt of payment to the Kozminski University bank account.
The first semester of the program is ONLINE ready if needed the classes can be conducted in a virtual environment.
About the School
Kozminski University, founded in 1993, is a private institution of higher education with full academic rights. The university has obtained Polish and international accreditations, as well as excellent ... Read More