Siberian Federal University (School of Space and Information Technologies) offers English-taught Master's Degree Program “Applied Computing in Engineering and Science”.
Rapid development of computational methods enabled to implement new approaches in different areas, e.g. engineering, economics, bioinformatics, environmental sciences, social sciences, etc. In research and development, as well as in management, we can see the trends to:
- creating mathematical models for descriptions and simulation of real systems, their properties, and behavior;
- using complex statistical methods in order to evaluate the chances of certain cases and reliability, e.g. in quality assurance, setting up parameters of social security systems, cancer research, etc.
Therefore, specialists having good knowledge and skills in computing are rather required by the labor market in all developed countries.
This program was developed in the framework of the EU Tempus program in cooperation with:
- Technische Universitat Wien (Austria),
- Bergische Universitat Wuppertal (Germany),
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium) and other universities.
It focuses on mathematical methods in applied sciences (simulation of complex mechanical and physical systems), numerical methods and symbolic computation.
The program curriculum and research projects proposed for our students are based on more than 20 years long cooperation with the leading producer of Russian GLONASS navigation satellites — Reshetnev center situated near Krasnoyarsk. Many of our courses are aimed at application of navigation signal processing. Our local supercomputing cluster provides the necessary research and training facilities.
BSc or MSc degree in Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science (transcript of records), good command of English (certificate or another document).
On-campus accommodation is available in double and triple-occupancy rooms (€ 20 per month).
Airport transfer, invitation letter for a Russian study visa and an optional survival course of Russian as a foreign language are provided by the University.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017