The Applied Business Economics Program (ABEP) is a Master's program for young managers who are looking for more than the usual in a graduate business course. ABEP prides itself on its over 30 years of experience in business and economic policy planning and analysis that trace its roots to the Center for Research and Communication, the forerunner institution of the University of Asia and the Pacific (UA&P).
In addition to the fundamental management areas of production, marketing, and finance, ABEP also covers macroeconomic and microeconomic analysis, industry analysis, forecasting, and project analysis. Equipped with these tools and the knowledge to wield them with precision, the ABEP graduate is prepared to make sharp business and economic analyses as well as draw out implications of business decisions–-at the level of the company, the industry, and the economy as a whole.
Moreover, through UA&P's numerous conferences, briefings, and seminars, ABEP students will also have numerous opportunities to interact with industry experts and policymakers.
The course begins in July of every school year—with the first one and a half years devoted to coursework and the last semester to thesis or paper (Non-thesis track) writing and defense. The course is composed of eight modules, with two subjects per module, running for a total of two years. Classes are held twice a week, every Tuesdays, 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m and Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Economics of a Nation
- Business Economics Statistical Technique
- Economic Policy
- Applied Econometrics
- Economics of a Firm
- Business Ethics
- Industry Analysis
- Economic Development
- Corporate Accounting
- Corporate Aspects of Marketing
- Corporate Aspects of Production
- Corporate Aspects of Finance
- Corporate Aspects of Human Resource
- Applied Business Economics Research
- Research Seminar
- Thesis / Non-Thesis Track
The Core Values of our Program
- Strategic Thinking: Offers them the theoretical and practical tools they need in order to make smarter business decisions.
- Holistic Development: A personal mentoring program provides the students with proper guidance and direction in the pursuit of their career.
- Leadership Formation: Allows students to gain a competitive advantage to be leaders in their chosen career paths.
- Broadened Business Perspectives: Enables the students to see business in the light of the industry and the economy as a whole.
The Applied Business Economics Program (ABEP) is more than the usual MBA. It is a graduate program designed for young working professionals. Here are other reasons why ABEP is worthwhile:
- The schedule is compatible with work demands. Classes are held only twice a week— Weekday (Tuesday, 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm) and Weekend (Saturday, 9:00 am to 12:00 nn)
- The program cost is only P50,000 a semester, or P200,000 for two years. We have a staggered schedule of fees that would be easy for you.
Application requirements below must be submitted a week before your preferred exam date.
- Accomplished application form
- Original Transcript of Records
- 2 copies of 2x2 pictures
- Recommendation letters (to follow if still not available)
- Application and Qualifying Exam Fee: P1,000.00
- English Proficiency Exam Result / Certificate (for FOREIGN Applicant)
About the School
The University of Asia and the Pacific (UA&P) is a private, not-for-profit institution of higher learning that offers some of the most outstanding academic programs in Asia. It provides a powerful ... Read More