The Animal Science program offers an opportunity to apply modern knowledge, methods and technologies in animal husbandry practice, empowers graduates to carry out independent analysis of problems associated with farm animals and evaluate its results.
- Animal Science
- 2 years
- Master in Agricultural Sciences
- 120 ECTS credits
- 3,000 EUR per year
- Taught in English
After graduation, you can
- Companies related to animal production, breeding systems, forage production, and feed quality assessment, primary processing of milk and meat;
- Alternative and non-traditional agriculture business (deer, ostrich, alpaca, snail breeding)Consulting companies, public services in regional municipalities, insurance companies, institutions providing agricultural services including training of farmers;
- Continue in Ph.D. studies as a researcher;
- Own business, livestock farm.
Structure of the program
what you will learn each year
- Year 1: Welfare of Farm Animals, Methodology of Scientific Research, Animal Biotechnology, Agribusiness, Electives, Research Work.
- Year 2: Production of Organic Products of Animal Origin and Risk Factors, Ecotrophology, Research Work, Electives, Practise, Final Thesis.
Why study Animal Science at LSMU?
- The Animal Science field is important traditionally in Lithuania and the faculty of Animal is Science the only in-country that prepares highly qualified university education for animal science specialists.
- Practice in well-developed agricultural companies using advanced technologies (BIOMIN Holding GmbH, Biochem Zusatzstoffe Handels- und Produktionsgesellschaft mbH, INNOV AD NV/sa, Adisseo France SAS).
- Possibility to study abroad according to the Erasmus+ exchange program.
International students could be admitted into the English program of the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences if they provide the legalized high school or college certificate and transcript (officially translated into English) and meet the Entrance Exam requirements. Good grades in biology, chemistry, and physics will give preference. Good knowledge of the English language is obligatory.
Items to be submitted (in English or with an authorized English translation):
- Matriculation / School Leaving Certificate confirmed by the governmental authorities (see below "Legalization of Educational Documents");
- Transcripts of high school/ senior secondary school courses verifying successful completion of General Biology and General Chemistry. For Health Psychology program - Mathematics and General Biology;
- Certificate proving the knowledge of the English language: TOEFL – minimum 65 points (iBT); IELTS – above 5.5 points; the certificate confirming the knowledge of a foreign language at minimum B2 level (CEFR) or similar. If you are not able to present any certificate proving the knowledge of the English language you will have to take an English language test prepared by the University. The English language test will be given on the same day as the test in Biology/Chemistry;
- Motivation letter;
- Brief CV;
- Passport or ID copy;
- Health Certificate based on complete medical examination;
- Three passport-type photographs (3x4 cm);
- Application fee 150 EUR (nonrefundable).
"The LSMU has changed my life completely. I am forever grateful to this university for giving me a chance to study veterinary medicine and making my childhood dream come to life. When the time came to move to Kaunas, it felt natural for me to begin a new chapter of my life here. I accepted my offer in a heartbeat and I have never looked back on my decision.
My time here can be compared to a rollercoaster as there have been many ups and downs along the way, some bigger than the others, but through this, I have grown so much as a person and have met incredible people from all over the world and bonded with amazing friends who share the same passions as me. What I appreciate about my studies here is that the study groups are small and the professors are always trying to help you as much as possible. Acquiring a Veterinary Medicine degree in Kaunas gives me numerous opportunities to work abroad in the future and to get necessary contacts with international colleagues for future networking." - Alina Pugatcheva, Veterinary Medicine (Finland)
About the School
The University is the largest institution of higher education for biomedical sciences in Lithuania, successfully integrating studies, research, and clinical practice. LSMU consists of two main academi ... Read More