The 2nd Cycle Degree Course (Master Degree) in Agricultural Science and Technology forms highly qualified professionals with basic and applied scientific knowledge in the areas of crop and livestock productions. Graduate students are able to recognize and manage the innovation in the agricultural sector. Particular attention is paid to the development of sustainable productions with emphasis to those typical of the Mediterranean basin, in order to protect agricultural resources and improve quality and quantity of agricultural production with a positive impact on the profitability of the sector.
In this context, it is important the identification, valorization, and improvement of genetic resources as well as the optimization of cultivation techniques. It is also relevant the training on scientific and methodological aspects related to the crop protection through the application of integrated control models and the use of effective and reliable detection methods. The course also provides a high level of training related to the management and valorization of natural resources and socio-economic infrastructures in rural areas and in the organization of agricultural farms and markets.
Graduates students in Agricultural Science and Technology can be employed in all activities connected with the exercise of the agriculture in private enterprises and in public institutions and can also work as technical consulting specialists. They can also play a relevant role in the evaluation and certification of food quality and in the economic management of farms thanks to their accurate knowledge of Italian and European agricultural policies. Furthermore, they can develop their own businesses or can be involved in research and experimentation activities.
- Organization and Management of Agricultural Enterprises
- Irrigation Systems and Machinery, Plant and Technologies for Agricultural Production
- Irrigation Systems
- Machinery, Plant, and Technologies for Agricultural Production
- Biological and Integrated Control of Pest Crop Insects
- Arboreal Crops Mediterranean
- Tropical and subtropical fruit trees
- Analysis and Landscape Planning of Rural Systems
- Mediterranean Phytopathology
- Plant Virology
- Agronomic Management of Water Resources
- Soil Fertility and Fertilizers
- Laboratory of GIS
- Apprenticeship Training and Guidance
- Final project
About the School
Located in the center of the Mediterranean, the University provides a wealth of knowledge built on every aspect of this area: the ideal springboard for those who want to study in Reggio and build thei ... Read More