Master of Science and Engineering, Major in Agricultural Science
The Agricultural Science major aims to meet the current and future needs of companies, public authorities and research laboratories by training future managers and scientists benefiting from French and European expertise in the fields of :
- livestock housing, nutrition and production
- crop systems modelling, protection and management
- smart farming and new technologies in agriculture
First, the fundamental objective of this program is to have a general overview of Agricultural Science. Courses range from food chain theory and crop management to livestock and plant production. Although this general approach is taught through its technical and scientific aspects, it is also crucial to include economic, sociological and ethical aspects to comprehend the notion of sustainability in agricultural.
Most of all, the Agricultural Science program gives students:
- an international view of the issue of agriculture, highlighting certain national and/or regional specificities,
- the necessary tools to manage crop and livestock production;
- the necessary tools to manage agricultural processes, from ruminant nutrition to distribution channels
- a practical view of site management, thanks to lectures and seminars by experts in the field;
- the methods to manage projects within an international context, with multicultural staff.
These periods of professional immersion, carried out either in France or abroad, in a company or a laboratory, expose students to the reality of corporate life and prepare them for their entry into the professional world.
Examples of internships:
- Development of local distribution channels for schools and retirement homes: from farmer to consumer
- Feasibility study of conversion to organic farming
- Replacement of pesticides by agroecological alternative solutions
- Links between animal feeding and meat quality
- Dairy cow welfare research
Students of ISA Lille’s Agricultural Science program learn to understand the latest issues in agriculture and acquire a work method necessary to guide both farmers and firms through ongoing change in the industry. Our graduates go on to become actors of sustainable agriculture across domains and regions.
- ISA Lille is part of a corporate network gathering more than 200 companies.
- ISA’s Company and Career Days, organized every year, are good opportunities for students to meet representatives of our partner companies and exchange on internships and job opportunities.
- ISA Graduates work in diverse fields: Sales, Marketing or Technical positions, Service in agriculture (insurance companies, audits, consulting) as well as in Research and Development in technical and research institutes, Project management at regional or national levels (professional organizations).
Program taught in: