Master in Agribusiness Management
The Rome Business School’s Master in Agribusiness Management is the ideal academic course for professionals seeking a world-class degree programme in these disciplines, leading to a successful global career in the agro network field (production, seed and crop, harvest and stock in agriculture, market of commodities, food supply chain, food and wine business). With the Rome Business School’s international perspective, the programme offers a unique learning experience and a global professional exposure, enabling participants to study in one of the best cities of the world or online. The programme’s quality teaching and networking services all contribute to make it the perfect fit for anyone who is looking to rise to the top in the world of farming, food production, or in the start-up agribusiness system.
In particular, on completing the programme, participants will be able to:
- Understand the characteristics and trends of the agri-food market and the role played by the farmers, industrialists, and their representatives in the organizations
- Recognize the intersection of agribusiness with other areas of economic and social concern, such as economic development and new ways of production and business diversification (organic farming, biofuel, biogas, circular economy, etc…)
- Identify and manage the characteristics of the main food businesses and develop effective managerial strategies
- Develop a comprehensive business plan for agri-food corporations
- Utilize the most advanced marketing techniques to promote businesses and organizations
- Manage the financial dimensions related to agricultural activities
- Understand and utilize project management techniques for agricultural businesses
- Manage the agri-food supply chain
- Learn about the start-up ecosystem related to agribusiness
- Master the use of new technologies within farmer or industrialist organizations and the most advanced production tools and channels
- Learn about the international organizations operating in the agribusiness sector and the international policies and support linked to this economic sector
- Meet farmers or food producers that changed their companies by taking new and radical approaches.
The Master in Agribusiness Management is a course of excellence aimed at a maximum of 20 participants andis designed for those who are already working in the sectors of agriculture, farming, start-ups, foodtech, or production, but intend to expand and update their knowledge, and for those who are seeking their first exposure in these topics.
Introduction and Scenario
- Agribusiness and the World Food Economy
- Agri-food Strategic Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Food and Agribusiness Marketing
- Digital marketing for Agribusiness
- Financial accounting for Agribusiness
- Business planning for agribusiness
- Project management
- Human Resources Management in the Agri-Food System
- Agri-Food Supply Chain Management
- A history of European agriculture
- The evolution of agronomic models. The recent history of global agriculture: enterprise and science.
The Start-up System
- Innovative Start-ups and SMEs, Industry 4.0: opportunities for forward looking enterprises.
- Seeds&Chips: the Foodtech and Agtech innovation fair
- Startupbootcamp: the Foodtech and Agtech start-up incubator and accelerator
- Technological innovation
- Agro-pharmaceutical innovation and new techniques for sustainability
- Multifunctionality in agriculture
- Social farming, opportunities for a new business model
Internationalization and International Experiences
- International cooperation
- Common agricultural policy in Europe
- Multilateral processes and global policy processes on agriculture
Structure (12 months)
The Rome Business School’s Master’s Degree in Agribusiness Managementis structured in:
- 6 months of Lectures + Additional Activities
- 6 months of project work
- Company visits
The Master in Agribusiness Managementmay be attended in the following formulas:
- On Campus, at the Rome Business School Rome headquarters.
- Online (Distance Learning), through a cutting edge e-learning platform with live lectures and a great teacher-student interaction.
All applicantsmust have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or be near completion)
- A good English proficiency (both speaking and writing)
In order to ensure a top quality training course, attendance is limited to a maximum of 20 participants.
The participation fee for the Master in Agribusiness Management is € 5.500,00
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 16, 2017