The outcomes of the study program
Upon the completion of the study program, graduates will be able to:
- apply knowledge in the field of economics and business administration;
- evaluate investments into the formation of corporate financial policy;
- understand the role of innovation and manage and enhance the innovation process within their organization;
- design strategies for improvement of the competitive position of their organization on the global marketplace;
- will be able to demonstrate effective communication and networking skills in modern society;
- effectively represent the organization in business negotiations;
- demonstrate ethical and socially responsible leadership and management skills in the context of the global marketplace, complex organizations, and multinational teams;
- demonstrate critical thinking skills in their career development;
- demonstrate initiative and responsibility in planning and decision-making process.
- 1 Semester – Tartu (Estonian University of Life Sciences)
- 2 Semester – Kaunas (Agriculture Academy of Vytautas Magnus University)
- 3 Semester – Jelgava (Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies)
- University Bachelor’s degree diploma (or higher) and its supplement (Transcript of Records or Mark Sheet)
- priority is given to those from Business, Management, Social sciences, Economics
- additional courses might be required
- motivation letter (included in the Application Form)
- proof of English proficiency (CEFR - B2 or equivalent/ TOEFL 87 iBT / 534 PBT, IELTS 5.5)
Main study objects
Agri-Food Economics and Policy, Corporate Culture and Human Resource Development; Cooperative Management, Managerial Accounting and Control, Finance Management. Strategic Management of Agribusiness, Agribusiness Planning, and Evaluation of Investment Projects, Operations and Supply-Chain Management in Agribusiness, Innovation of Food System, Integrated Marketing Communication in Agribusiness, International Agri-Food Business Marketing.
Students will be able to identify the scientific problem, apply and combine quantitative and qualitative research methods in a professional manner in the processes of analysis, assessment, and decision making of agri-food business management.
The career opportunities
Graduates of study program Agri-Food Business Management are welcomed by the private business entities and farms, public institutions forming and governing policies in agricultural and food sectors, and continue their studies on the Doctoral level. The obtained knowledge and skills will guarantee successful employment and career prospects in agricultural, food industry and other fields of economic activity directly related to agriculture and processing industry, retail/wholesale or other businesses and their infrastructure companies, business consulting organizations, agricultural businesses supporting financial institutions and agencies, as well as the ability to create and develop personal business.
Program taught in: