Increasingly needed is the figure of both the Image expert and the Stylist and Communication expert, as a strategic instrument for achieving optimum image quality.
More than 40 years of teaching in Fashion of EATM as a center of great experience in this field. Fruit of this experience is the Master in Styling, Image, and Communication, in 13th convocation. A rigorous master with a unique approach, whose objective is to train the student, developing and reinforcing the necessary competencies to achieve a professional position in the field of fashion.
The Higher School of Design (ESDi) is a university school located in Sabadell and Barcelona, which awards the official university degree in design in the specializations of Graphic Design, Fashion, Product, Audiovisual, and in design management. The Foundation for Design (FUNDIT) is the founding institution of the ESDi Higher School of Design. The director of the Foundation for Design (FUNDIT), who heads ESDi, is Antoni Garrell i Guiu. The Higher School of Design (ESDi) is a center attached to the Ramon Llull University (URL), the first private university in Spain and with a strong presence in Catalonia, and the whole of its curriculum is adapted to the EUROPEAN HIGHER EDUCATION (EEES). ESDi has more than twenty years of history. It was the first center to introduce university studies in Design, as a degree of the URL and was one of the first university schools in Spain to teach the official university degree of Design in 2008. Its vocation for research Is certified by the fact that ESDi organized the First International Congress of Design and Innovation of Catalonia.
The Higher School of Design originated in FUNDIT, born in 1989 of the initiative of a group of associates of the Manufacturers Guild of Sabadell, who defined design as a key element for the improvement of the competitiveness of The company and the growth of the industry. They understood that they had to compete “with value” in their products in exchange for competing “for cost” and that the challenge of the textile sector was to have designers with capacity for analysis, mastery of the creative process and ability to work with The set of agents involved in the generation of value of the product; So that competing was not just a question of using the best technology. The initiative was supported by the Catalan and Spanish administrations. The Foundation created the Higher School of Design, locating it in the old Docks of Sabadell, which were an industrial warehouse that served as a large warehouse for the deposit of wool and textile raw materials. The building was remodeled in 1991 by the architect Ignacio Veciana. Today, this ship is a university campus with the main building of 9,000 m2, distributed in four floors and numerous scientific, technical and artistic equipment necessary to guarantee the full development of academic activity.
MASTER IN STYLISM, IMAGE, AND COMMUNICATION FOR THE RAMÓN LLULL UNIVERSITY (URL)
- Dates: Ed. October 2017 to July 2018 / Ed. March 2018 to December 2018
- Hours: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 19:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Place: Campus of Barcelona (Passeig de Gracia, # 114)
- Fees: € 7,290
- Methodology: In campus
- Language: English
- Degree obtained: Master’s Degree in Styling Advice, Image, and Communication by Ramón Llull University
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Practices: Possibility of internships in national and international companies related to the world of fashion and design.
Rankings & Accreditations
It became the first center of the Spanish state to teach fashion university studies. First university design center in Catalonia.
The first private university of Spain Located in the top 100 of global employability.
It promotes and promotes postgraduate training at the international level, also managing the academic-teaching processes of postgraduates.
- To train professionals in the international context, specific and dynamic, who contribute a contemporary vision of the multidisciplinary character, in the field of styling, personal and corporate image consulting, communication and protocol, organization and event production.
- To develop the necessary managerial and analytical skills of the participants in the master’s degree to carry out multidisciplinary projects in a global environment, in which the use of new technologies, creativity, and innovation, as well as social and environmental responsibility, are fundamental.
- To provide the student with the tools that will enable the student to identify and anticipate changes in lifestyles, consumers, and current and emerging trends, through creative experimentation and research.
- To foster communication 2.0 and/or social networks as a platform for new entrepreneurship, proposing a new vision of team management and the development of collaborative networking policies.
- To evaluate new trends in the management of business communication through the use of appropriate tools according to the segment and according to the distribution channel chosen taking into account the escalation of digital channels and new management of the image on the network (From internet advertising to fashion bloggers).
- To value the new distribution channels from the stores to the big surfaces and the great Outlet Center. Analyze the different phenomena about The management of first brands up to the concepts of Low Cost and Category Killers.
The Master has 60 ECTS credits:
- Contextualization of the contemporary social environment
- Image Consulting, Life Cycle, and Components
- Communication in the global society
- Psychology and perception
- Protocol and event production
- Styling and image
- Final Master Project
- Optional internships of up to 720 hours in important companies in the sector.
- High Employability of our graduates 13 Editions / 27 years forming business leaders
- Multicultural student environment
- High technology in digital platforms
- University Campus in Barcelona center
Module of contextualization of the contemporary social environment
- The world of the third millennium
- The internalization of fashion trends
- Sociology of fashion
- The new sectoral trends: First brands and Lowcost
- Case studies: Desigual, Mango, Primark
Total credits: 5
Image, lifecycle and component advisory module
- The personal and corporate image.
- Iconological techniques
- The process of creating the fashion collection
- Analysis and determination of trends and creative direction
- Customer needs and the process of developing new fashion products
- The life cycle of fashion and trends
- Market research as a tool for the design of new products
- The valuation of the target
Total credits: 5
Communication module in the global society
- Theory of communication of the global society
- Corporate persuasive communication
- Fashion communication, advertising, media strategy
- Fashion Marketing, Fashion Consumer Analysis, Fashion Promotion
- Digital marketing
- The press dossier: content and recipients
- Strategies Communication in fashion. The advertising, strategy of the
- Media and advertising creativity
- Strategies Fashion Communication: Sales Promotion
- Strategies Communication in fashion. Public relations
- Showrooms and press office
- Optimizing investments in communication
Total credits: 10
Protocol module, organization, and production of events
- Determination of requirements: objectives to be met
- Personal and institutional protocol
- Organization of events and associated protocol
- Production and event management
Total credits: 5
Styling and image module
- The stylist: Mission and functions
- The creative process in the frame of fashion styling
- Fashion, image, fashion, and cinema
- Photography and fashion
- Creative process vs. creative improvisation
- Personal Shopper
- Work Shop Styling & personal image: Makeup, hairdresser, clothing, and accessories
Total credits: 14
Psychology and perception module
- Intelligence and Intuition
- Language and creativity
- Personal Branding
- Brand positioning and perceptual maps
- Brand architecture
Total credits: 4
Total credits: 2
Final Project Module
Total credits: 15
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 21, 2018