The “Advances in Finance and Accounting” (AFA) Professional + Research Master's degree prepares you for careers in insurance, banking, corporate financial management, market finance and accounting, financial institutions (banks or insurance companies), or in consulting or auditing firms.
This program is also a stepping-stone toward a Doctoral degree leading to academic and research opportunities either in university-based or public/private research organizations.
This AFA master's degree provides a full English, high-level instruction in complementary fields such as financial markets, corporate finance, banking, insurance, auditing, and accounting. Its specificity resides in providing in-depth fundamental notions in all of these areas together with advanced tools needed for analysis, treatment, and modeling of finance, accounting, and audit data.
- An innovative "learning-by-doing" approach in which the student achieves a high level in finance and accounting through practice and research activities as part of a structured learning process. The teaching environment, based on outstanding research and the newest scientific advances, allows students to develop and using core research skills that are important in both the professional and academic world.
- There is a strong involvement of students by the means of presentations prepared in the group, participation in research work led by professors, or realization of a term paper which needs performing literature reviews to uncover new perspectives, putting forward a research problem that is of interest for the professional and academic world, analyzing financial and accounting databases, and presenting the results in a convincing and structured way ;
- High-level, full English instruction in complementary fields of study including market finance, corporate finance, banking, insurance, auditing, and accounting;
- Opportunity for acquiring in-depth tools needed for analysis, treatment, and modeling of audit, accounting, and finance data;
- Partnerships with the Doctoral School of Management Sciences (EDSG n° 275), the Center for Applied Management Research CERAG UMR CNRS 5820, one of the most important research center in management sciences in France, The European Institute for Financial Data (EUROFIDAI), and various other financial institutions such as Euronext and the Caisse des Dépôts. Thanks to these partnerships some students also benefit from assistance with their internships.
The growing number of international candidates and the fact that careers in Finance and Accounting now require a strong grasp of English are the main reasons this program is offered in English. The program offers various job opportunities such as:
- R & D in Finance and Accounting
- Financial Analyst
- Auditor – Consultant
- Risk Manager (finance, accounting)
- Research Analyst (finance, accounting, technical, and markets)
- Professor in Finance and Accounting
This program is for you
Students possessing M1 or M2 degrees in management, economics, mathematics, science, or engineering, and second or third-year students from Grandes Ecoles of commerce or engineering are invited to apply.
Depending on the number of available places, access to the Advances in Finance and Accounting Master's program is automatically conferred to students having obtained the necessary ECTS credits in the Master 1 program of Finance at Grenoble IAE.
About the School
As the Graduate School of Management at the Université Grenoble Alpes (UGA), Grenoble IAE's mission is to train and develop both specialized managers and dual-competence managers. To fulfill its missi ... Read More