The international Master's degree programme in Urban Design is a joint programme of the Graduate School of Urbanism of the HSE University Russia and the Strelka Institute for Media, Architecture and Design. The educational process is built on the ‘research-based design’ methodology that involves tutors from the best world universities and practitioners of leading international firms. The programme is focusing on urbanization in developing countries where urban growth is the most significant now. The programme is aimed at the next generation of Urban Designers that will be able to work effectively in highly volatile conditions of the cities in Russia and rest of the world. The programme is aimed at the next generation of Urban Designers, combining the best of the Russian Academia and the cutting-edge experimental project-based education.
It will offer:
- Strong emphasis on critical, conceptual, and design thinking,
- Working environment of an interdisciplinary 'lab' for both designers and analytics,
- Pioneering “Research-Based Design” methodology created and tested at the Strelka Institute,
- Unique courses tailored for the new demands of contemporary urban theory and the next practices,
- Project modules with innovative briefs and real clients in Russia and South Africa,
- Team of tutors from the best world universities and practitioners of leading international firms,
- Access to the vast network of experts and clients of both the Strelka Institute and the HSE University Russia.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 4, 2018