- Requirements: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Duration: 2 years (4 semesters)
- Teaching language: English
- Form of studies: Full time
Advanced Design of Steel and Composite Structures
The “Advanced Design of Steel and Composite Structures” (ADS) Master Course is a two year English taught study programme, which focuses on providing attendees with the engineering ability and know-how to design and construct safe steel, composite steel and concrete structures including environmental aspects, enhancing the sustainability and the competitiveness of the industry.
The ADS Master Course trains high-level specialists according to the needs and requirements of the international labour market. The programme builds upon and completes the prior bachelor degree studies of the students with advanced analysis and design methods applied to steel, composite steel and composite structures, addressing topics such as the robustness of structures, fire safety, or the use of new structural materials. The programme also prepares students for research activities.
The study programmes in civil engineering offered by Politehnica University Timisoara have been classified as A-level study programmes by national authorities.
- Theory of Elasticity and Plasticity
- Advanced Finite Element Analysis
- Research and Design Assisted by Testing
- Life Cycle Analysis for Building Structures
- Robustness of structures under extreme actions
- Performance-Based Seismic Design
- Advanced Design of Composite Steel-Concrete Structures
- Introduction to Fire Design
- Advanced Fire Design
- Elective 1: Cold-formed Steel Structures, or Steel and Composite Steel-Concrete Bridges
- Elective 2: High-Rise Steel Buildings, or Structures for Buildings with Large Spans
- Elective 3: Aluminium Structures, or Metallic Shell Structures
- Research Activity - 7 weeks
- Development and Defence of Master Thesis - 7 weeks
Tuition fees, scholarships and deadlines
- Citizens of the European Union, EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) and the Swiss Confederation: 3900 RON (approx. 850 EUR)/ academic year
- Citizens of all other countries: 2430 EUR/ academic year
A list of scholarship programmes for prospective and current students is available on request.
- Citizens of the European Union, EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) and the Swiss Confederation: first round of registrations between July 3rd and July 21st, 2017, the second round between September 11th and 13th 2017.
- Citizens of other countries: application deadline on July 30th;
Program taught in: