This international Master program provides students with the knowledge and skills to enter the workforce as multi-skilled executives within the field of Administration and Management of Professional Sports Clubs.
The aim of this Master Program is to provide students with the knowledge and skills so that they may enter the workforce as multi-skilled executives within the field of Administration and Management of Professional Sports Clubs. A large variety of topics are covered in the program, providing a comprehensive overview of the sector: strategic marketing, operational marketing, accounting, sociology, economics, law, management of training centers, security management, etc. The AMPSC Master is taught entirely in English by visiting European and international professors and professionals as well as our faculty team of specialists.
The program courses are composed of a mixture of lectures and tutorials. Mobility opportunities are proposed during the internship period that takes place during the Master Year 2, Semester 2.
Semester 1 to 4: Content
- Research methodology (3 ECTS)
- Public relations and reputation management (3 ECTS)
- Build, manage and evaluate a project (3 ECTS)
- Professional sport & social media (3 ECTS)
- Statistics (3 ECTS)
- Information technology - bibliography (3 ECTS)
- Internship preparation (3 ECTS)
- Basics of strategic marketing (3 ECTS)
- Introduction to accounting (3 ECTS)
- Economics of professional sports (6 ECTS)
- Basics of operational marketing (3 ECTS)
- Qualitative methodologies (3 ECTS)
- Financial management of professional clubs (3 ECTS)
- Professional seminars (3 ECTS)
- Sports institutions law (3 ECTS)
- Professional or research internship (9 ECTS)
- Marketing studies and applied research (3 ECTS)
- Marketing of professional clubs (6 ECTS)
- Sociology of professional sport (6 ECTS)
- Work law (3 ECTS)
- Security and flow management (3 ECTS)
- Management of training centers (3 ECTS)
- Group projects (3 ECTS)
- Publishing and visual softwares (3 ECTS)
- Professional or research internship (27 ECTS)
- Monitoring of Master’s thesis (3 ECTS)
Strengths of this Master program?
- The program benefits from the support of the International Master program of the Bordeaux Initiative of Excellence (IdEx).
- Each class has limited numbers to ensure close supervision and contact with faculty staff.
- The Master proposes an international learning environment with mobility opportunities.
- Students are supported by strong professional and academic networks.
- Attractive mobility scholarships are available for top students.
- Students not only improve their own international culture, but also their fluency in English.
After this Master program?
- The program prepares students for a broad range of executive positions in Professional Sports Clubs and Professional Sport Organizations.
- Graduates may also pursue research opportunities if they wish to continue their studies with a PhD program.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Sport Sciences or a three-year (180 ECTS equivalent) degree in a related field: e.g. marketing, human resources management, communication, etc.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 21, 2018