2-year master's Actuarial and Financial Engineering programme prepares specialists for the financial sector, banking and insurance industries in quantitative methods of risk assessment and hedging, providing knowledge and skills in two major areas - financial engineering and insurance mathematics.
Why Actuarial and Financial Engineering?
- Special emphasis on applied mathematical models and quantitative methods.
- The only programme of this kind in the region, meeting EU educational standards in actuarial mathematics.
- Graduates are very competitive on the national and international job market as analysts, actuaries and risk engineers.
- Knowledge, practical skills and competence needed to succeed in careers at banks, insurance companies, consulting, financial utilities and financial supervisory authorities.
- The teaching staff consists of highly qualified professors, who have also done extensive research and have international experience. Some of the lectures in the programme will be delivered by visiting international staff.
- All graduates can find jobs easily in Estonia and around the world.
Graduates are welcome at:
- Banks and other financial institutions
- Insurance companies
- Financial departments of various companies
- Analytics departments of various companies
- Academic career and PhD studies
The University of Tartu belongs to the TOP 1.2% of the world's best universities (QS and THE rankings). It is located in Tartu, the second largest city in Estonia, which is known as the Student Capital of Estonia. 13 000 students are enrolled at the University of Tartu, incl. 1300 international students.