The MS (AS & FC) degree program is conformed on those candidates who have demonstrated high academic performance at BS level programs in the fields of Actuarial Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, and Physics and interested to explore actuarial science, risk management, financial mathematics and computing sciences in insurance and finance. The field of computational finance along with actuarial science is/will be in demand nationally and internationally in banks, financial institutions, insurance companies.
- Sixteen years of schooling or 4-year education (130 credit hours) after HSSC/F.A/ F.Sc./Grade 12 equivalent will be required for admission in the MS (AS&CF).
- The test conducted by IoBM Admission Dept. or some equivalent agency acceptable to HEC (NTS) with a minimum of 50% cumulative score will be required at the time of admission to MS (AS&CF). The test is valid for a period of two years.
- For the award of MS (AS&CF) candidates will complete 30 credit hours with 24 credit hours of coursework along with a minimum of 6 credit hours for the thesis.
- (*1. 6 credit hours may be exempted only for those disciplines where research is not possible)
- (*2. The HoD may allow students to do coursework of 6 credit hours in lieu of 6 credit hours of research work. This exemption can only be allowed if students wish to terminate their coursework at MS and not pursue PhD.)
- Coursework of 12 credit hours is required to be completed in two semesters and the thesis should be completed in a year time after completing coursework. All examinations and grading will be as per Institute’s rules.
Compulsory Courses (12 credit hours)
- ACF601 Financial Mathematics and Computational Finance
- ACF602 Finance and Financial Reporting
- ACF603 Life Insurance Mathematics and Computing
- ACF604 Advanced Life Insurance Mathematics and Computing
Elective Courses (12 credit hours)
Actuarial Science Concentration
- ACF605 Economics of Risk and Insurance
- ACF606 Statistical Methods (for Insurance and Risk Management) with Computing
- ACF607 Stochastic modeling (for Insurance and Risk Management) with Computing
- ACF608 Survival Models & Theory of Reliability
- ACF609 Risk Theory (for life insurance)
- ACF610 Financial Economics
- ACF611 Introduction to Model Office Building in Life Insurance
- ACF612 Social Insurance in Emerging Markets
- ACF613 Hedge Funds
- ACF614 Risk Assessment and Decision Analysis Using Bayesian Network (BAN)
- ACF615 Time Series Modeling & Forecasting
- ACF616 Simulation & modeling
- ACF617 Machine Learning
- ACF618 Actuarial Computing Using R or Other Software
- ACF619 Financial Soft Computing /Advances in Computational Finance
Thesis Writing and Evaluation (6 credit courses)
Thesis writing and evaluation will be done as per rules of IoBM (BASR). The thesis should be Mathematics of Insurance and Computing Oriented.
- Financial Mathematics and Computational Finance
- Finance and Financial Reporting
- Life Insurance Mathematics and Computing
- Advanced Life Insurance Mathematics and Computing
- Elective I
- Elective II
- Elective III
- Elective IV
MS Thesis (6 credit hours)
About the School
For the last four years, IoBM has been rated as one of the top universities in the private sector, both by the Higher Education Commission of the Federal Government and the Provincial Government of Si ... Read More